Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Help] Chase Marriott Premier + (Business) > Elite Credit per 4k Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Help] Chase Marriott Premier + (Business) > Elite Credit per 4k Spend

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Question [Help] Chase Marriott Premier + (Business) > Elite Credit per 4k Spend

EDIT: Elite credit per 3k Spend <unable to edit subject line>
---
Hello everyone,

We received out Marriott Premier + (business) card April of 2018 and spent the year building spend. Recently discover there have been no elite credits earned from spend.

Chase is stating the Marriott Premier Plus 'elite credit' benefit only existed for the personal card. While we have what was posted from DoC, we need to locate the benefit on a Chase resource (screen shot, .pdf doc, anything) to support the case that the card benefit did indeed exist for this product, and for our card. Enclosed are screen grabs from DoC to assist anyone interested helping. We tried WayBack however finding Chase urls and content fractured and not locating the needed information.

This is from DoC ~ April 17th, 2018...same day we were approved for the card.
Yes, kicking myself for having somehow not taken a screen capture from the Chase site during the application process.

Post states business and personal card have this benefit. Need a CHASE resource stating benefit for business card.

Really hope someone out here has a Chase screen shot for this product w/that benefit.

TIA
-PR

Last edited by pixelrogue; May 26, 2019 at 6:12 am Reason: Edit to subject line. Formatting.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've sometimes spotted errors on the DoC site and notified them of those errors and then they'd correct them.

But I don't remember ever looking at the page you mentioned, so I never checked back then whether that a mistake.

I got a Marriott Business card about half a year before that, and I never saw any mention of the elite credit for $3000 spend with that, so I think the DoC site probably made a mistake copying-and-pasting from the personal card.

Back in 2018 I was doing everything I could to get to (what is now called) Marriott Lifetime Titanium status which included getting 750 lifetime elite nights, and I did $3000 spend at least once on the Business card, and I never saw any elite night due that, but didn't expect it either. I reapplied for the original version of the personal card in early 2018 and did get get 1 elite night for $3000 spend from the personal card.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Found another post or two with the same content - stating the elite credit for 3k (though it may have originated from the same source.)

I was curious on the copy/paste possibility myself, yet there were references as 'the same benefits' as the personal card and other specifics that read as though there was conscious awareness of the differences and similarities between the cards.

Think the elite credit per $3k is now gone. In one of the calls where they said it was just the personal card, the woman said I could apply for the personal card and get that perk...and then as I'm asking her to double check, she said that was no longer an available option.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I previously earned the elite night credit on my Marriott Business Card. However, it was discontinued sometime last year. Best course of action would be for you to request your cardmember agreements from that time period. I did have issues having the elite night credits post towards the end (normally they would post within a few weeks of the statement close). I called and e-mailed a few times, finally someone was able to resolve it.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:16 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
samosa, pixelrogue and nexusCFX like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

damon88 - THANK YOU!!

This begs a few other questions:
1) Is the Chase Marriott Premier PLUS the same as the Chase Marriott Premier Business (the term of the letter displayed)?
2) Was there no choice, the card was being rolled over and no voice or option?
3) At a minimum, the account should have been earning elite credits prior to the August 26, 2018 date?
Old May 27, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
damon88 - THANK YOU!!

This begs a few other questions:
1) Is the Chase Marriott Premier PLUS the same as the Chase Marriott Premier Business (the term of the letter displayed)?
2) Was there no choice, the card was being rolled over and no voice or option?
3) At a minimum, the account should have been earning elite credits prior to the August 26, 2018 date?
Because the Business card already had a $95 fee, Chase updated the benefits and terms of the Business card without changing the annual fee, forcing you to accept the changes or cancel.

However, because the old Marriott personal card had an $85 fee and the new one has a $95 fee, they can't legally force you into it. So if you continue to hold the $85 fee card, then you continue to have the same benefits for the time being. (They could the benefits without changing the fee any time they want, of course, but they have to announce it, like they did for the business card.)

The old $85 AF Marriott personal card gives 1 elite night per $3000 spend. Any new $95 AF Marriott card (personal or business) doesn't. (And there is no old Marriott business card any more, it morphed into the new one.)
Old May 27, 2019, 11:17 pm

Has there been any mention of downgrading a $95 personal card to the card that gives an elite night credit for the spend? I don't recall seeing any data points. I chose wrong last year and cancelled the personal card thinking both or neither would continue.... Ugh!
Old May 28, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joeags
Has there been any mention of downgrading a $95 personal card to the card that gives an elite night credit for the spend? I don't recall seeing any data points. I chose wrong last year and cancelled the personal card thinking both or neither would continue.... Ugh!
I highly doubt it, since the $85 card that gives an elite night credit for the spend is no longer available for new applications. The only way you can find out is by asking Chase (not us) about either (a) downgrading or (b) re-opening the card you closed. Not highly likely that they'll do either, but only they can tell you.

However, how many elite nights would earn a year through how much spend if you did have that card? Because there's another way to earn 10 elite nights per year with one purchase (of a meeting) without actual stays, and if you haven't done that, you may want to do that instead:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...18-2018-a.html
Old May 29, 2019, 6:25 am
Original Poster

The elite night/3k is advertised (as of today) for the Marriott personal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.