Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:50 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
and breakfast at Flavors.
I personally visited and asked and was told Flavors is only open on the weekends due to Covid/low occupancy.

Old Jan 17, 2021, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Those "suites" are awfully unimpressive for Bangkok.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I personally visited and asked and was told Flavors is only open on the weekends due to Covid/low occupancy.

Last Thursday Flavors was open for breakfast,situation is fluid though
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
What is "Rao Tiew Duay Gun"?
It's a Thai Government promotion for Thai Citizens only. Not only that but it only includes citizens who paid a certain amount of tax. Those who don't declare any income or are included in the stage 1 taxation bracket aren't eligible. Neither are those who work for embassies or NGO's and whose income isn't subject to taxation.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
This hotel need Renovation

Hello: I stayed here three times in October/November 2020. Suites are mediocre, open airy rooms, Huge bathrooms and Aircon that cools the room to barely 24 degrees C. These rooms are old in style, dark hallways, lots of dings and dents and lots of great deals to be had. It is a mediocre hotel. Their Italian restaurant is hit and miss with relatively good food but mediocre service and their Flavours buffet for dinner is not great and for breakfast is the usual Asian buffet. One of my stays had alacarte brekkie due to low occupancy, this was fine as well. This hotel reminds me of the Westin Sukhumvit......Both need some TLC. That said, rooms for 999, I don't think those renovations are coming anytime soon. Travel healthy and safe all!
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
That does not look like any Executive Suite I've ever seen. PA remains my favorite Marriott in BKK though I have yet to stay at STR
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by SHLTP
That does not look like any Executive Suite I've ever seen. PA remains my favorite Marriott in BKK though I have yet to stay at STR
I think PA is better than STR. The suite upgrades at PA are better, there is lounge and PA breakfast is better than STR one. But STR has butler service like SGS.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SHLTP
What is PA? Are you talking about The Athenee Luxury Collection?
CO-PLAT and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What is PA? Are you talking about The Athenee Luxury Collection?
It was call Plaza Athenee before it became a Luxury Collection.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Yeah I think it was flagged as a Royal Meridien. And pretty much a dump in the recent years before it got renovated. The new hardware is pretty stunning.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It's a Thai Government promotion for Thai Citizens only. Not only that but it only includes citizens who paid a certain amount of tax. Those who don't declare any income or are included in the stage 1 taxation bracket aren't eligible. Neither are those who work for embassies or NGO's and whose income isn't subject to taxation.
My wife has this promo app on her phone:

- 40% shave off the rate and paid by Thai government.
- Limited to total 15 nights per person.
- 900 THB daily FB credit that can accumulated until the last day of the stay.
- Must book 3 days in advance.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Name formally changed 2017.
NoY and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:25 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Amazing location and a terrific stay

Very pleased with my stays at this hotel. Since 2019, I have come back to this hotel repeatedly due to the great value and incredible location. In total, I have spent about 70 days at the Renaissance Ratchaprasong so I would like to share my experience and suggestions for people considering this as an option.

Elite recognition was great! As others have noted, there are virtually no options for suites that have a separate living space (with the exception of the Presidential suite). Regardless, the corner Studio Suite they upgrade members to is very spacious (about 600-700 square feet) and has a decent sofa for relaxing. The views are OK (the central world lights can be annoying) but it’s nothing special. The floors are hardwood and tiled so the room still feels very modern and nice despite actually being rather old. The bathroom is also quite nice (huge shower) with motorized shades for an outward facing window and a glass wall facing the studio. My biggest gripe with the room is the lack of accessible outlets on both sides of the bed. For one side, we simply unplugged the telephone and used that outlet.

The rooftop pool is semi-exposed with open windows but still covered. The lighting for it is beautiful at night. There is a bar and lounge area near the pool but I have never seen it open (even pre-COVID). The gym on the same floor is great with excellent views of the city. The power rack has a very low weight limit but I am guessing that is due to liability issues. Regardless, it is nice to see strength options at all in a hotel gym. Due to covid-19 restrictions, the hotel has moved the lounge to the first floor bar. The staff there is very friendly and is quick to remember the preferences of people that return there. The evening cocktail has excellent buffet-style food.

The two things that make this hotel stand out are the e
amazing restaurant breakfast and the location. The breakfast here is simply great and even well known by Bangkok locals I have spoken to. There are meat, egg, noodle, and dessert stations along with standard buffet options (ranging from western food to Thai food). On some days they even offer salmon sashimi. This is probably one of the best hotel breakfasts I’ve had (comparable to the JW Marriott Tomorrow Square breakfast).

The location is also highly convenient for dining and shopping. You can reach public transit by only briefly walking outside the building, immediately walking into the building next door, taking the escalator to the second floor, then walking up one flight of stairs to a small shopping area (with a Cocos). From there you can simply walk onto the elevated skybridge that can take you to Gaysworn, Central World, and the Siam shopping malls. Unfortunately, you cannot reach Central embassy without either walking off the bridge or paying to go through the MRT. However, there are great food options in the “Manhatun” food plaza across the street (including a great Mexican place if you get tired of Thai food).

Given the current deals and promotions running for this hotel, I really cannot recommend it enough.
Sohan and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Sohan likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:26 am

Curious on this hotel how good the bar/dining options are. They currently have a promo where they are giving you daily food credit dang near equal to room rate (4200bht per day) As a titanium I would presume I'd get breakfast and lounge access, so just wondering if I would be able to spend (and would it be worth it) that much each day dining or having drinks at their restaurants/bars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.