Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What is the least expensive St. Regis to book, on average?

Old May 24, 19, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.

Let’s say that I wanted to show a certain someone a taste of the good life for a few nights. Ignoring the cost of travel to the destination city/resort, what would be the cheapest St. Regis that I could book for a 4-5 night stay?

Last edited by notsosmart; May 24, 19 at 3:17 pm
Old May 24, 19, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the USA, Atlanta (in Buckhead, but not in the center of the area with stores and restaurants where many other hotels are located and not real close to MARTA either) can be pretty cheap at times, but there must be cheaper ones in countries that are generally cheaper. Maybe Thailand or a smaller city in mainland China? I can't think of any StR in Eastern Europe.
Old May 24, 19, 2:00 pm

Probably somewhere in mainland China or Southeast Asia. Or maybe a winter resort destination in the summer.
Old May 24, 19, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Have seen Mexico City to be pretty reasonable - nice hard product
Old May 24, 19, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
I've found KL and Bangkok to have some reasonable rates from time to time
Old May 24, 19, 4:38 pm

I believe the StR Lhasa would be the cheapest. In the US, I think Houston has ATL beat.
Old May 24, 19, 5:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
I find the property in Chengdu to offer some of the lowest-priced StR nights I've seen.
Old May 24, 19, 5:22 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Doha you can get it for easily 200 usd per night (there is no tax there so that's all you pay) and during the summer months I am sure you can probably find for 150 usd! (its a great property with excellent staff)
Old May 24, 19, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
In the USA, Atlanta (in Buckhead, but not in the center of the area with stores and restaurants where many other hotels are located and not real close to MARTA either) can be pretty cheap at times, but there must be cheaper ones in countries that are generally cheaper. Maybe Thailand or a smaller city in mainland China? I can't think of any StR in Eastern Europe.
I'm at the StR in Moscow right now. I think i'm paying under $250/night for this stay, something absurd.
Old May 24, 19, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thank you all! I have some great ideas now. I like the possibility of Mexico City, that one might be the one I pick in the end.

All of the ones in Asia and China also make sense... hmmm...
Old May 24, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I agree with what all others have said. Specifically the St. Regis in Tianjin and in Lhasa were some of the cheapest in Asia that I came across.
Old May 24, 19, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Lhasa will be under $100 per night. Compared to other hotels in Lhasa it is luxurious (the rooms are heated and that alone puts it in the top third). However, I don't think it ranks highly when scaled against other St. Regis hotels around the world. You need to purchase a tourist permit from an authorized travel agent to enter Tibet.
JJuice and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by edsh; May 24, 19 at 9:08 pm
Old May 25, 19, 12:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Kuala Lumpur is the cheapest Iíve seen.
Old May 25, 19, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Originally Posted by notsosmart View Post
Thank you all! I have some great ideas now. I like the possibility of Mexico City, that one might be the one I pick in the end.

All of the ones in Asia and China also make sense... hmmm...
I live in China. Unless you're familiar with China and already have your coping processes then the end to end experience will not impress whoever it is you're taking no matter how superficially exquisite the individual hotel.

Take them to Bangkok or KL if you're targetting cheap St Regis hotels in Asia.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 25, 19, 5:23 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
I have regularly paid $135 a night in Mumbai

Search this Thread
Search Engine: