Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hôtel de Tourrel, Design Hotel - Saint Remy de Provence, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 7. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Set in a 17th-century palais in the center of picturesque Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Hôtel de Tourrel and its seven spacious suites are a mid-century design odyssey. Petite in size but grand in stature, the interiors here feature furniture by ClassiCon designers Eileen Gray and Konstantin Grcic. The ancient building is also home to an innovative nouveau Mediterranean restaurant led by upcoming chef Benoit Fauci."
Old May 23, 2019, 9:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Fantastic location. This is going on my wish list.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:51 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Cat 7. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Set in a 17th-century palais in the center of picturesque Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Hôtel de Tourrel and its seven spacious suites are a mid-century design odyssey. Petite in size but grand in stature, the interiors here feature furniture by ClassiCon designers Eileen Gray and Konstantin Grcic. The ancient building is also home to an innovative nouveau Mediterranean restaurant led by upcoming chef Benoit Fauci."

Thank you for putting this on my radar
Old May 24, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks for posting this. The last time we were in St. Remy, we were walking around the adjacent wine shop and the owner (same owner - hotel and wine shop) offered to take us through a quick tour of the property. The entire property was very well done, from the suites to the dining room/bar area to the rooftop pool. Definitely need to add this to our next trip!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:49 pm

My wife and I stayed for two nights and it was heaven!!! As pointed out there currently are only 7 rooms, making it according to the owners the smallest SPG and now the smallest Marriott hotels. On the horizon for next year is a almost 30% expansion to 9 rooms!!!! The hotel sits on the corner of the walking street, behind a church, and we advise driving through the small parking lot in front, then around the back of the church and across the walking street to the front door of the hotel where one can unload luggage. There are 2 parking garages, and we chose to park in the closest one about a block away just of the one way circular road surrounding the old town just before reaching the hotel. Not mentioned by the previous posters is the hotel restaurant which has 1 Michelin star and on the first night we ate in, the restaurant was filled. The second night reservations in contrast, were not needed for what is known as the best restaurant in town. One of the most important activities is the farmer's market which occurs on Wednesday, and if possible, it is essential to be in town when the market occurs. Among the walking street are many spectacular shops, including a chocolatier, Joel Durand, where we made the mistake of buying only 1 large box of his special alphabet chocolates which we continue to munch on daily after dinner. Also to be visited is a truffle shop that sells various French cheese seasoned with truffles that lies a few block down the main walking street the runs in front of the hotel. We also enjoyed the various street musicians that performed in the parks along the walking street when the farmers' market was in session. One can sit in a choice location overlooking a park, eating lunch with a few glasses of wine as the street musicians change on an hourly basis. St. Remy was the home of Van Gogh as when he was hospitalized here about 1 mile out of town, he frequently walked to town to paint. Many of the sites are marked with a copy of the painting he made on the exact site, especially along the road from the hospital the north of town. Another site to be visited is Baux which is a 20 minute drive from the hotel.
Because of the size of the hotel, one of the managers told me that they have trouble fulfilling all the requirements of changing to the Marriott program from the SPG program, as they do not have large numbers of personnel devoted to the program. One of the ways mentioned was that it would take a few weeks for our stay and points to post to our Bonvoy account. When they did not post in a month, I called Bonvoy and pointed out that I was given 2x rather than 6x points, and my AE bill was not listed as Hotel de Torrel. I was referred to AE by Bonvoy Titanium personnel who concluded that AE had coded the hotel incorrectly. When I called AE, I was told that it was not AE's fault that I did not get appropriate credit, and referred back to Bonvoy.--Not a very pleasant experience of finger pointing, even though I fulfilled all requirements. Finally I found a Bonvoy person who took care of this error.
Yes, San Diego1K, you need to visit this hotel, especially when the famer's market occurs!!!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Don't tell the owner about AnaYela Riad in Morocco with 5 rooms
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:42 pm

Stayed for 3 nights here at the end of June. Great hotel. Incredible building and very well maintained with attention to detail. We had room 5 which was one of the cheaper, but very large with a nice bathroom and seating area. Lovely view over the church and street below. Dinner on the roof was great and all staff were friendly and helpful in every way. The owner's wine store is nice, we bought a few bottles to drink while there and he made a point of giving us better glasses from the restaurant. The pool is also nice, small but quiet. We were there on the weekend of Charlotte Casiraghi's wedding in St Remy, so there was some Monaco glamour staying for the first night! Breakfast is not included, and is ¢21 each, so not cheap. Lots of nearby options if preferred. Perfect small town and while you dont need a car there is lots to see round about. We went to Carrieres des Lumieres which was fun (and cool on a very hot day) and had lunch at Oustau de Baumanière (wonderful). Again somewhere we would go back to. No issue with points posting at all.
SanDiego1K and glnsf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.