Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Looking for help with AAVacations booked ritz and earning

Old May 22, 19, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum

hello all. Booked through aavacations.com 2 rooms at the grand cayman property.

I was able to get the reference numbers and spoke to the elite desk. I am silver and wife is gold.

Wanted both rooms to earn under her account. They looked and said it is coming from Expedia. I guess aa got inventory from them.

I wanted to put out both rooms under my wife as she is gold and the perks are better.

The person said I will not be able to use any of the benefits from silver or gold because it was booked this way.

Strange to me me as I did a AAVacations package last year to Singapore and stayed at the shangri la and no problems. Earned the nights.

Can anyone here help help or share some info to get me to earn both rooms under her acct by any chance? Thank you so much all.
Old May 23, 19, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wireless_999 View Post
.............The person said I will not be able to use any of the benefits from silver or gold because it was booked this way.......
That's the rules.

.............Strange to me me as I did a AAVacations package last year to Singapore and stayed at the shangri la and no problems. Earned the nights......
How does earning rules on Shangri-La affects earning on Bonvoy?
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 10:56 am
Original Poster

I was comparing my experience of earning at another hotel because I also booked that through AAVacations.

You still confused?
Old May 23, 19, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was comparing my experience of earning at another hotel because I also booked that through AAVacations.

You still confused?
Different hotel chains have different earning rules.

You may receive Gold benefit at hotel by showing your Gold card but it depends on goodwill of hotel. You are not entitled to earn points/nights for third party bookings.
wireless_999 likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Different hotel chains have different earning rules.

You may receive Gold benefit at hotel by showing your Gold card but it depends on goodwill of hotel. You are not entitled to earn points/nights for third party bookings.
this... and if you expect silver and gold (significant) benefits at the Ritz, then be ready to set your expectations low.
Old May 23, 19, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks View Post

this... and if you expect silver and gold (significant) benefits at the Ritz, then be ready to set your expectations low.
thanks for the response. Will try.
Old May 23, 19, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

You still confused?
If you book another trip and stay at Ritz, you may earn on that trip depending on how AAvacations pays for the trip that time

There is no set answer except on this trip on this date booked thru this method in that hotel in that hotel chain doesn't earn for this trip
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
If you book another trip and stay at Ritz, you may earn on that trip depending on how AAvacations pays for the trip that time

There is no set answer except on this trip on this date booked thru this method in that hotel in that hotel chain doesn't earn for this trip
thank you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: