Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Myconian Kyma, Design Hotel - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 5. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Few places better capture the pristine beauty and sense of timelessness on Mykonos than Myconian Kyma. Perched atop a hill with glorious views of the Aegean Sea, the 47-room, 29-suite property is a luxurious and secluded retreat, yet a short stroll from the heart of the island and the thriving nightlife of Mykonos Town. Here, one awakens to a light-flooded Champagne breakfast with stunning views of the sea, lavish culinary feasts consisting of only the freshest ingredients from local producers, a Satori Thalasso spa with five pools and assorted treatment rooms, and personalized insider assistance to the island’s many treasures. Taken as whole, Myconian Kyma is a world of sublime experiences, lush gardens, panoramic views, private terraces, and an art-filled environment awash in marble, wood, glass, and natural materials—a truly sophisticated yet family-friendly property."
rny321 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thought I would provide some comments on this excellent hotel as we are coming to the end of a 4 night stay (which was booked on points about 8 months ago - availability is limited).

The booking was for a base room which is listed as having a “land view”, and limited other information online. I had enquired in advance about a paid upgrade - was quoted €400 a night for a 2 category upgrade to a room with private terrace and hot tub, so declined. Was really just glad of using points to visit Mykonos in peak season - the base room itself was selling for up to €500 - and was fully expecting to receive this as the hotel was sold out, and no complimentary breakfast as a Design hotel.

However, the staff were almost falling over themselves to be helpful at check in. The front of house manager came over to introduce himself, repeatedly apologised for only having a limited upgrade to a sea view room available on the first night, and said we could have breakfast for free throughout our stay, and he might have another room available from the following day. We thought no more of it - we did not really want to bother with moving rooms as the one provided was more than nice enough - until one of the concierge team came to find us at breakfast to say they had another room available, which we were too politely British to decline.

We ended up moving to a really stunning room - exactly the one quoted for the paid upgrade, with a large private terrace looking out over the sea and the windmills. Drinking champagne from the hot tub while watching the sunset certainly made the room change worthwhile.

It may have helped that there was some additional confusion at check in as they thought I had two rooms booked, seemingly due to a Marriott system issue. They confirmed Marriott had paid them for two points rooms (which I assume will be close to full rack rate for a maximum occupancy hotel), but I had certainly only been charged the points for one!

The rest of the features of the hotel are well covered by the many positive reviews on tripadvisor - great pool, good restaurant, walking distance to town. And it seems to have a small army of staff running after every guest, all very friendly.

Overall, very highly recommended.

rny321, dgreen12 and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
@ao40....thanks for posting the details of your stay. Great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Kyma! I had it booked earlier this year for our trip in June but when the Santa Marina finally opened up I swapped my reservations. We have stayed at the Santa Marina two years in a row but getting an award stay there can be a challenge and knowing that the Kyma is a nice option helps for future trips. Theoxenia scares me a little since it is right near where the mass crowds and buses gather for the nightly sunset so I've always avoided it as an option to SM.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:04 am

We stayed at the Theoxenia a few years ago, and it is also a really good option. Once you are inside you have no sense that the town is right on your doorstep, and it is great when you do want to head out to the restaurants and bars.

Between the two, would probably do the Theoxenia next time but more just to vary between them. They are similar boutique type hotels with good pools, food and staff.

If more looking for a full resort, then they may not be as good options. It is also much easier to get around the island now they have taxi apps with many more cars than before (and much cheaper) so being further from town might work for a future visit.

Last edited by ao40; Jul 15, 2019 at 12:42 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by ao40
It is also much easier to get around the island now they have taxi apps with many more cars than before (and much cheaper) so being further from town might work for a future visit.

Taxi apps? Please tell me more! Taxis seem to be a huge problem on Mykonos and based on the concierge they are so limited because their number is regulated based on winter population of the island. I didn't see a single Taxi on the island and when we were waiting for the Santa Marina shuttle in the port there was someone going nuts looking for a way to get back to their resort because there were no taxis to be found anywhere.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:02 am

We used iMove Taxi, but one of the locals we spoke to also mentioned Aegean taxis. Effectively local uber equivalents for Mykonos and Santorini, so the cars are not labelled as taxis.

Excellent service that confirms the total price up front, which was half the price of the hotel car service that quoted €50 for the 15 min journey to one of the beaches, and tracks the vehicle by GPS.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:18 pm
Suspended

is this place not bookable with points ? I searched all over the calendar and there's no reward stay availability
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:58 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by yulsee
is this place not bookable with points ? I searched all over the calendar and there's no reward stay availability
Hi yulsee, Thanks for posting. We're investigating the status of redemption options at this hotel and other locations in the area. Please keep checking the website or mobile app for updated availability.

Regards,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Robert,

I am also having this issue for 2 Marriott properties in Mykonos. Is there any status update on when these hotels can be booked.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 2:58 pm

I really hope it's worth it
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by randomdude
I really hope it's worth it

How many points 😀 I have a feeling this would be a great value ,🤪
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:13 pm

Is breakfast included in that rate?

Last edited by rrgg; Mar 7, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rrgg
Is breakfast included in that rate?
yep:

David
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
yep:

David
Best. Redemption. Ever! I have a stay booked for 140k for 5 nights in August. $0.86/Bonvoooyyy! points

Last edited by drod; Mar 7, 2021 at 7:28 pm
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my reservation. I don't see that they made the award available for re-booking but for those that are interested keep an eye out for Aug 2 - Aug 7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.