Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

11 Mirrors, Design Hotel, Kyiv / Kiev, Ukraine [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Anyone stayed here? There's only the Aloft & this property in Kiev. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"The 11 Mirrors Design Hotel ensures an unforgettable stay for its Guests, thanks to a meticulous attention to the finest service and the satisfaction of every need, 24 hours a day. Each one of the 50 guestrooms and suites at the 11 Mirrors Design Hotel takes an inspiration from contemporary interior design with a profound understanding of worldwide trends and innovative concepts. Smart elegance without any heavy elements and imperial exaggerations sets up a creative environment that inspires and encourages genuine interaction, while the hotel’s staff provides a service of an exceptional quality.One deserves only the most exhilarating and meaningful experience. With this in mind, we have created a one-of-a-kind design hotel for you − travelers, business leaders, and creative minds who understand the real value of life."
Old May 23, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Anyone stayed here? There's only the Aloft & this property in Kiev.
Just booked for 2 nights in June.

Although I booked "prepaid/not cancelable" on my registered AMEX, I got contacted by the hotel via Email to complete an online payment only accepting Visa/MC/Maestro within 5 days of booking.

I guess they're not fully integrated to Marriott booking system yet?

Julien
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by generikz
Just booked for 2 nights in June.

Although I booked "prepaid/not cancelable" on my registered AMEX, I got contacted by the hotel via Email to complete an online payment only accepting Visa/MC/Maestro within 5 days of booking.

I guess they're not fully integrated to Marriott booking system yet?

Julien
How was it?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott LIfetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed here in March 2018 and it was great. Good location, walkable to many restaurants and cafes. Rooms are very nice, heated floors in the bathrooms, spacious. Breakfast was included and it was a great buffet in the 2nd floor restaurant. Elevator is tiny but that's Europe for you.

Didn't use the service much but everyone was very helpful and friendly.

Kiev is a hidden gem of a city.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:45 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I also stayed there about two years ago. I thought I had written a review on FT, but I may be mistaken. The rooms are stylish and they seek to attract the style-oriented crowd. The rooms were perhaps a bit small, but not overly so.

The property is often pricey compared to alternatives. However, I still think it offers good value in terms of hard product, service and location.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I was a bit disappointed in my stay. No benefits offered and no upgrade for Plat. Staff weren’t great
Old Aug 11, 2020, 7:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Apologies for the lack of direct relevance, but given there is no dedicated post for the Aloft, I thought I'd post this link here. Basically, Aloft Kiev is leaving Marriott on August 31st [no idea who is taking it over], so this will go back to being the only Marriott-affiliated property in Ukraine for the time being.

A Sheraton was supposed to open at the Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex in 2012 and although the building was structurally completed for years, it's been sitting empty. Supposed to open in December 2020, but we will see.

khabah
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
And, here I was thinking, when this thread popped back up that, because of CV-19, the hotel was a pale reflection of its former self...

David

Last edited by DELee; Aug 11, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 16, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any recent stays here?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Not recent... We stayed there in July 2019. Nice enough rooms, some don't have a lot of privacy in the bathrooms if that's an issue. They also were having trouble with the hot water when we stayed there... no 20 minute showers or it would run out but that was because the city was working on something, or so they said at the time. Breakfast was not included and we normally ate elsewhere, but great views from up in that room. Friendly staff.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by JayeJ
Not recent... We stayed there in July 2019. Nice enough rooms, some don't have a lot of privacy in the bathrooms if that's an issue. They also were having trouble with the hot water when we stayed there... no 20 minute showers or it would run out but that was because the city was working on something, or so they said at the time. Breakfast was not included and we normally ate elsewhere, but great views from up in that room. Friendly staff.
Thanks, I'll feedback next week.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:54 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Did something happen to this hotel? Last week I saw rooms available and suddenly I do not see it anymore.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cbellero
Did something happen to this hotel? Last week I saw rooms available and suddenly I do not see it anymore.
I appears the hotel-specific website for 11 Mirrors, Design Hotel allows bookings:

https://11mirrors-hotel.com

But bookings are not currently available for 11 Mirrors, Design Hotel through Marriott.com:

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...tels/overview/
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:13 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Thanks for sharing that link.

They really do have very consistent pricing of 230 EUR per night. Suddenly in January it jumps to 315 consistently. These are the rates I also saw last week when they were showing up on the Marriott booking site. I am guessing there are a lot of NGOs keeping this place full and allowing them to charge such prices.

Their “we are working” safety page is a sober reminder of the environment in which they are operating.

I stayed at this property before the war and before Covid and really liked it. I am considering a trip to Kyiv in November, but am not sure I will bite at these rates.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:44 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

This hotel seems to still be a design hotel but not one of those available under Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.