Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Azucar, Design Hotel - Monte Gordo, Mexico [Master Thread]

Old May 21, 2019, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Looks very laidback!

Cat 4. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Step back in time at Azucar to a place of breathtaking natural beauty as you saunter through the 20 low-lying whitewashed palapas (bungalows), each with a thatched roof and an intimate terrace overlooking the stunning Gulf of Mexico. Just one look at the blues of the sky and sea, and guests are overcome by an atmosphere that is airy, breezy, and easy. With its curved walls and spare white-on-white interiors that are simple to the extreme, Azcar, which is named for the sugarcane grown in its Mexican home state of Veracruz, possesses the kind of authentic style that both hearkens to the past and fulfills the modern traveler’s style demands. The restaurant features the freshest of Gulf seafood served in a sugary-white environment. It’s a simple recipe for luxury, but it works wonders on world-weary souls."

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, Sharon.

I'm always attracted to intimate properties on the ocean. This looks delightful. I wanted to see how accessible this property is. It's roughly a 5 hour drive due east of the Mexico City Airport. And it's not quite a 3 hour drive north of the Veracruz Airport. Please post if I failed to spot a closer airport.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks, Sharon.

I'm always attracted to intimate properties on the ocean. This looks delightful. I wanted to see how accessible this property is. It's roughly a 5 hour drive due east of the Mexico City Airport. And it's not quite a 3 hour drive north of the Veracruz Airport. Please post if I failed to spot a closer airport.
There's the Tajin Airport about 20 miles away, but not sure if international flights go there or if it's just a regional airport.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's the Tajin Airport about 20 miles away, but not sure if international flights go there or if it's just a regional airport.
I looked at it but couldn't find any commercial flight, at least connecting from Tijuana via Mexico City. But perhaps Google Flights failed me as I now see 5 flights a day from Mexico City on Aeromar.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:14 pm

Sharon has also posted this hotel which is a 25 minute drive. It might make an interesting combination. It's refreshing to see these Design Hotels move into the Marriott booking system, giving real diversity to our choices.

Maison Couturier, Design Hotel - San Rafael, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old May 27, 2019, 6:05 pm

It's worth looking at this thread for a discouraging look at safety in the area.

Travel in the State of Veracruz, Mexico?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.