Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"BONVOY-ING" Yourself?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
This is basically how I’ve managed to save $700 for my vacation. I always check the rates and availability up to the cancellation window. :-:
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:20 pm

I probably check two or three times before checking in, I have actually changed a reservation about hour before checking in due to the rate dropping almost $100 a night right before check-in.

I once booked a non-ref rate and about a day before check-in the regular refundable rate was actually cheaper than my non-ref rate. In that case I spoke with the hotel front desk manager about it and he agreed that was not fair and credited me the difference between my rate and the lower refundable rate which I thought was a good outcome.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Concur does this for me automatically. I get an email notification each time my room is rebooked at a lower rate.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:16 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
For personal, I tend to check every so often leading up to the cancellation window for my trip. In some cases have rebooked 3-4 times over a 2 month period. For business, as long as the rate I book is in policy it isn't a good use of time to keep checking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.