Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Burbank - No hot water at 6:00 this morning - Appropriate compensation?

Marriott Burbank - No hot water at 6:00 this morning - Appropriate compensation?

Old May 20, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DCAFly View Post
I once had this water coming out of the bathroom faucet at a holiday inn. Got moved, new room had same issue. Complained to desk, complained to IHG, got nothing. Front desk would not even give me a bottle of water. Thanks IHG!
https://water.usgs.gov/edu/qa-chemical-cloudy.html

It's likely just air.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
ok, but I'm still not drinking that water...
Old Oct 18, 19, 1:29 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
I'm not normally a compensation kind of guy but I had a miserable end to my stay at the Marriott Burbank today (5/17). When I went to have a shower this morning, I was greeted to freezing cold water in the hot water faucet, and exactly the same in the shower. Not taking a shower was not an option, so I had the most miserable shower, complete with uncontrollable shivering and chattering teeth, it really was that cold! On check out I mentioned the issue and was greeted by a really indifferent front office staff who said something to the effect that "yeah, a few people have mentioned that as an issue". What does the collective wisdom of the group think is an appropriate ask as compensation?

Thanks!
Hi Tim, I was also staying in Marriott Burbank on 5/17, had the same experience (no hot water), checked out at the same time, and got the same response from the front office staff!
Old Oct 19, 19, 8:20 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: LTP, PP
No water happened to me once at a HOU hobby airport Marriott. Having an early flight just to home and no one to impress, I sucked it up for a few minutes. I too got the "oh well, no big deal, its the entire hotel" attitude from the front desk when I mentioned it while rushing past at 6 AM. Catering to the early airport crowd, I couldn't be the first to mention it. Never complain or pursued further.

Search this Thread