Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy Lifetime Status Achieved; What other hotel chain would you choose?

Bonvoy Lifetime Status Achieved; What other hotel chain would you choose?

Old May 11, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Agree. I want to enjoy the benefits, not start at the bottom of another program.
I don’t disagree with your overall comment, but one can start at the “middle” of other programs via credit card, so don’t have to be status-less when branching out elsewhere.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Hilton Diamond via Amex

Marriott get 75% of my 100 nights but the Amex aspire gets Hilton diamond which is nice for some holiday resorts and of course the weekend certificate plus other Aspire benefits
Old May 12, 2019, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Thanks all for your input. Seems like highest Hilton elite level is easily achievable via the Amex Aspire card (not sure why anyone who uses Hilton would not get that card since the hotel and air credit more than cover the annual fee). As I suspected, Hyatt seems like a better rewards program but far harder to climb. At the very least, for now, I will bide my time with Marriott and think about whether I want to try next calendar year.

i agree that for many the sentiment rightly should be to enjoy the fruits of your hard won lifetime status. For me, I figured that I eas lucky enough to have a spate of significant travel the past 5-6 years that got me over the top Marriott lifetime hump pre-merger and, given my “middle-age” age, I still have probably a couple of decades of moderately-busy travel, now would be the beat time if I ever wanted to take a stab at another program.

Again, thanks for all the ideas/feedback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.