Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Introducing Homes & Villas by Marriott International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing Homes & Villas by Marriott International

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by timfountain
I must be the wrong demographic The Luxe in Anguilla is on the landing page and it starts at $2760 per night. Nope, not for me....I get a nosebleed paying that much for a week on the Oregon Coast....
Does the rate include two bibles?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like 3 night minimum on the test searches I've done. Airbnb/VRBO doesn't seem to have that restriction (though individual hosts can have such if they'd like).

Anyway, being able to earn 11x points might still be worthwhile depending on where you're going. This assumes the 6x for Marriott credit card use still applies here, though.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by timfountain
I must be the wrong demographic The Luxe in Anguilla is on the landing page and it starts at $2760 per night. Nope, not for me....I get a nosebleed paying that much for a week on the Oregon Coast....
Definitely the case. However, I could see using this if it were a group trip -- say something with 4 couples and you want a 4 bedroom house. Out of curiosity, I looked at Korcula, where we stayed in an AirBnb last summer, and some of the larger houses were very nice and affordable if split 4 ways.

Originally Posted by tmiw
Looks like 3 night minimum on the test searches I've done. Airbnb/VRBO doesn't seem to have that restriction (though individual hosts can have such if they'd like).
Yes, it's a 3 night minimum. Sometimes that's fine, sometimes it's not. For me, it seems like this is more of a secondary search when I'm looking for an Airbnb. If I'm staying 3+ days, I'll check both places (and Homeaway). I'm looking at Marriott if I don't see a place I like elsewhere, or if I want to find the same place on the Marriott site and compare the price difference...then it becomes a question of whether the benefits justify the higher price. So, it's a tool I'll use, but it's not going to be the primary one.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Can we do a LNF claim?
Old May 16, 2019, 2:04 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Do we know how far in advance one can book? My son tried multiple dates for Colorado ski areas in December and could find no ability. I wish they had the flexible date search.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
So is this the 57th or 58th Marriott brand?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JBord
Definitely the case. However, I could see using this if it were a group trip -- say something with 4 couples and you want a 4 bedroom house. Out of curiosity, I looked at Korcula, where we stayed in an AirBnb last summer, and some of the larger houses were very nice and affordable if split 4 ways.

Yes, it's a 3 night minimum. Sometimes that's fine, sometimes it's not. For me, it seems like this is more of a secondary search when I'm looking for an Airbnb. If I'm staying 3+ days, I'll check both places (and Homeaway). I'm looking at Marriott if I don't see a place I like elsewhere, or if I want to find the same place on the Marriott site and compare the price difference...then it becomes a question of whether the benefits justify the higher price. So, it's a tool I'll use, but it's not going to be the primary one.
But if we can get elite night and spend credit, only one of those four couples would benefit.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Yes, it appears you do earn elite night credits.

“How many elite nights do members earn for booking with Homes & Villas by Marriott International?

For each night that is stayed with Homes & Villas by Marriott International, guests will earn 1 elite night toward their account.”

https://homes-and-villas.marriott.co...#paywithpoints
Old May 17, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But if we can get elite night and spend credit, only one of those four couples would benefit.
Yes, which may or may not matter depending on the group. For example, if I were planning a vacation with my sister's family, total of 4 adults and 2 kids (need 3 BR), she's not even a Marriott member, and wouldn't care. When I wrote about the groups though, I meant that there were some very nice properties that would fit groups that I haven't necessarily seen on Airbnb, so it might be another resource.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:10 pm

Anyone out there who booked already with Marriott Homes&Villas or even had a first stay experience?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by thomasito
Anyone out there who booked already with Marriott Homes&Villas or even had a first stay experience?
finished a 7 night stay last week. The place we stayed at was excellent, and glad that we were able to do so as I am able to get nights and points. Will provide some more details / pics tonight.

Booking Paris in September next.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Never heard back

maybe it’s me but I have tried to reserve twice at multiple properties in London and never received a reply

the request seems correct and goes through but never a response
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Here's an interesting thing I found...same property, with marriott charging a HUGE price premium
https://turnkeyvr.com/vacation-renta...=2019&adults=2 $418.51/night for 11/1-11/4
https://homes-and-villas.marriott.co...sts=1&nights=3 $490.85/night for 11/1-11/4

So basically it appears it's a $72 upcharge to have the privilege of earning Marriott points and elite credit.

Anyone else replicate this?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Do they have StR Aspen cancellation policies?
pretty much....30 day cancellation policy at all properties i'm looking at in aspen....considering this option for a 4 day getaway with my family in june next year....there are 6 adults & 4 kids in my travel party so we need 4 rooms if staying in a hotel....renting one of these homes comes out to be much cheaper....the only problem is the cancellation policy....
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i was initially considering the w aspen which was coming to around $1,750 (including the $50 per night resort fee) per room for 4 nights....so 4 rooms would have set me back $7k for the stay....i found a 4 bedroom townhouse right next to the w for $900 a night....including the cleaning fee & taxes, this came out to a little under $4.5k for 4 nights....a considerable saving in my opinion so i went ahead & booked....

the w had a 30 day cancellation policy & so does the townhouse....the only difference is that i have to pay 50% upfront to book the townhouse but it will get refunded if i cancel before the deadline....
360guy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.