Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hello Weekends: Introducing Marriott Bonvoy Escapes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello Weekends: Introducing Marriott Bonvoy Escapes

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 2:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by JBord
I understand your point, but most people have somewhere they want to go, and then they find a hotel. I don't blame Marriott for going with the 80/20 rule. You can't build something that would please everyone.
No. When you have a ‘Sale’ at ‘Selected destinations’, you list or map them.

Expecting your customers to hunt them out using a single-keyword search function is absurd.

FWIW, most everyone used of the old SPG ‘Hot Escapes’ function by browsing the list/map of properties on sale, not searching for them.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Judging by Marriott's moves lately, it seems like people would rather "escape" from the program and chain altogether.
acrophobia likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:22 pm

I need a hotel stay in Washington DC; May 24-26. Only the Moxy come up for me. Looking at something central, if possible.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:33 pm

BTW, searching for “California” and “Florida” also returns “Results Not Found”

Unbelievable.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
How ?

When I type Paris or London or Sydney or Amsterdam into the Destination field, all return “Results not found”.
Are you hitting "Find Hotels" after typing in any of those cities?

This is what I found in London for example:

Old May 8, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
So the special offer is......pay more? How is that a 20% saving when two other rates are cheaper?
Originally Posted by matravelguy
I posted a similar question earlier but it looks like it may have gotten deleted. I tested this rate in Orlando, which is one of the cities listed on the landing page, for some weekend dates in the coverage period. This "20% off" rate is only $4 per night lower than the prepaid rates I'm seeing at the properties that will offer the rate ($129 vs. $133 and $153 vs. $157 if I'm remembering right). Where does "20%" come from?
I believe the 20% is off the standard published rate not the prepaid rate. The prepaid rate is already discounted in itself. So you either choose the prepaid rate or the special offer (or use another discount code), whichever comes cheaper.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by CloneCones
Are you hitting "Find Hotels" after typing in any of those cities?
No. It’s not at all intuitive that you should do so, having already been told your destination doesn’t exist.

Having done so now, I see the same. I’ve also set some dates, which now show on the screen as “Fri May - Sat May”.

This sort of stuff isn’t even worthy of the IT intern.
Attached Images  
origin, EuropeanPete and KRSW like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; May 8, 2019 at 3:56 pm
Old May 8, 2019, 3:57 pm

No. It’s not at all intuitive that you should do so, having already been told your destination doesn’t exist.

Having done so now, I see the same. I’ve also set some dates, which now show on the screen as “Fri May - Sat May”.

May I ask which dates you are looking for?

Edit: I noticed you are using the link Lurker provided. Just use the Marriott home page and it should work fine.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:32 pm

This promotion + the botched website just further confirms my suspicions that there's a bunch of kids running the show who've never actually had to book a hotel room before.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I believe the 20% is off the standard published rate not the prepaid rate. The prepaid rate is already discounted in itself. So you either choose the prepaid rate or the special offer (or use another discount code), whichever comes cheaper.
So, where is the new discount ?
Where is the difference between the old rate and the (advertised) new offer?

Again, I am more disorientated, after the previous Flash Sale and now this...
Old May 9, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
So we are really blessed 5% to reward us for our loyalty, I am bowled over !
Old May 9, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
....just booked a room at the Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa for Memorial Day weekend for the lovely Mrs. Newman and myself for the ridiculously low rate of $116.00 per night.
A fantastic deal using the Marriott Bonvoy Escapes code.

Another GREAT Marriott promotion!

Newman
Old May 9, 2019, 5:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Suppose one is booking a hotel "normally" on the Starriott website that offers these rates for the dates in question. Does this special rate plan show up automatically or must one input this specific code? For instance, if I just look for prepaid or package rates, will I see these rates if they're available?
Old May 9, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I need a hotel stay in Washington DC; May 24-26. Only the Moxy come up for me. Looking at something central, if possible.
Yes, the whole point of this promotion is that it is at *select* properties; the Moxy is explicitly named as the one in DC.

That being said, I had a look at a Marriott properties for that weekend and I would suggest the Marquis, the Westin City Center, or if you're into something more historic, the Mayflower. All are pricing out quite reasonably and are well-located.

This being under the presumption that you're price-sensitive (hence caring about the promotion); otherwise book the St. Regis or the Ritz, duh.
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It seems, they have updated the page. I had similar experiences like you. At least I got it working for Frankfurt for next weeked (17 - 19) using the link from the first post. (Using FF). Type the letters for the city in the search and there will appear cities with those letters. E.g. if I type in DUS, there is not entry. If I type in Ess "Odessa" appears and for FRA among others Frankfurt. You can also search with the SET code "MEB"

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 9, 2019 at 5:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.