Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott rejecting bookings via cash back sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott rejecting bookings via cash back sites

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
After some detailed testing across 3 computers and 4 different web browsers over the course of 1-week I have discovered that Marriott is rejecting a large percentage of booking requests on their website when made via cash back sites (Ebates, UseJewel, etc).

When coming to the Marriott website via a cash back site, and entering the location and dates, the website processes and then returns this message, "Our server is being stubborn, please try again."

While not illegal, its a bit shocking to see Marriott prevent bookings like this.
try to stick to facts and not make assumptions
Old May 9, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Of course you can sort by price, just as you can by distance, brand & city. Press the stack of horizontal bars with the ascending and descending arrows and select your preference. I have yet to see the error on my 30 plus bookings this year.
James in Seoul
Nope, not an option. Take a look. Sorting by Price on Marriott.com hasn't worked properly since ~October 2017. At least back then it was an option, but it'd show you hotels in a somewhat random order, ie: $125, $175, $135, $205, $89 respectively. Around June of 2018 they removed it entirely from the website rather than fix it. Keep in mind this is the same Marriott.com website which was showing the first night's stay as the hotel rate rather than average of all the nights, which also began around Oct 2017 and was finally fixed around June '18.

Incompetence at its finest. I could understand if this was some tiny start-up with only 2 guys programming at home, but this is a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Old May 9, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by KRSW
Nope, not an option. Take a look. Sorting by Price on Marriott.com hasn't worked properly since ~October 2017. At least back then it was an option, but it'd show you hotels in a somewhat random order, ie: $125, $175, $135, $205, $89 respectively. Around June of 2018 they removed it entirely from the website rather than fix it.
The ability to sort by price still exists server side, it's just been removed from the web user interface.

After making your search you'll see https://www.marriott.com/search/filterSearch.mi in the location bar. When you change the sort order the URL will change to https://www.marriott.com/search/filterSearch.mi?sort=brand to sort by price change the URL to https://www.marriott.com/search/filterSearch.mi?sort=price
RobOnLI likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:50 am

@CleverJessee: Yep, I'm aware of that little trick...but it's still the same broken price sort we had before Marriott's IT department removed it. Granted, it's better than nothing... BUT... I still stand by my point -- Marriott's IT is utterly incompetent. The old MARSHA mainframe from the 1970s could sort by price. It's 2019 and the Marriott.com website still can't.

More laughable was Marriott's response when I asked how to sort by price on their website. They suggested sorting by rewards category.
UA-NYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.