Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotels F&B Credit for Platinum Members

AC Hotels F&B Credit for Platinum Members

Reply

Old May 7, 19, 8:15 am
  #1  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, UA GS, DL Silver
Posts: 50
AC Hotels F&B Credit for Platinum Members

I am wondering what kind of experiences people have had with the $10 F&B credit that is given to Platinum members (+1 guest)? I am specifically interested in how it is applied to the bill. As my company covers my breakfast, I'm wondering if I can combine mine and my wife's vouchers to give her $20 to spend on her breakfast (breakfast is $22 at the AC in Costa Rica)?

I know there have been MANY issues with these vouchers at Courtyard properties.
flybyFIRE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 10:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-MM
Posts: 234
At an AC property in Madrid, only the NET amount was shown on the bill. The breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant was 19.25 EUR; the bill showed 9.25 EUR, with the description as "Lounge Breakfast Buffet RO".
SteadyAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 3:16 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,736
IIRC it's $10 per room, not per person. You are also sometimes restricted against saving up 2 or 3 days worth of vouchers to pay for one day's breakfast. (i.e. if you don't spend $10+ in a day you lose it)

But a lot is based on how generous the hotel wants to be.
craigthemif is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 3:29 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,246
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
IIRC it's $10 per room, not per person. You are also sometimes restricted against saving up 2 or 3 days worth of vouchers to pay for one day's breakfast. (i.e. if you don't spend $10+ in a day you lose it)

But a lot is based on how generous the hotel wants to be.
it is suppose to be $10 pp (guest plus 1). Having the hotel honor that is a different story.
myperks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 5:08 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
IIRC it's $10 per room, not per person..
That's true in some parts of the world, but not in the parts of the world where most AC Hotels properties are located. And that's only one of the choices.

For the published benefits, see the Marriott Bonvoy Terms & Conditions: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

At AC Hotels and Moxy Hotels in the United States, Canada, and Europe, the a Platinum Elite (or higher) member can choose one of the following at an Elite Welcome Gift:
— 500 Points per Stay
— U.S. $10 F&B credit per day for Member +1**

** The U.S. $10 F&B credit per day is for the Member. An additional U.S. $10 F&B credit per day is given for one (1) guest staying in the same guestroom as the Member. The U.S. $10 credit per day does not accrue during the stay. For example, a Member who does not use the $10 credit on one day does not get $20 to use the following day.

At AC Hotels and Moxy Hotels in Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, South America, the Middle East, and Africa, , the a Platinum Elite (or higher) member can choose one of the following at an Elite Welcome Gift:
— 500 Points per Stay
— F&B amenity per Stay
— U.S. $10 F&B credit per day
Horace is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 5:15 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Posts: 1,593
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE View Post
I am wondering what kind of experiences people have had with the $10 F&B credit that is given to Platinum members (+1 guest)? I am specifically interested in how it is applied to the bill. As my company covers my breakfast, I'm wondering if I can combine mine and my wife's vouchers to give her $20 to spend on her breakfast (breakfast is $22 at the AC in Costa Rica)?

I know there have been MANY issues with these vouchers at Courtyard properties.
U.S. $10 F&B credit per day for Member +1 is not a Platinum Elite Welcome Gift option at AC Hotels in Costa Rica. See my prior post in this thread.
Horace is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 4:57 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, UA GS, DL Silver
Posts: 50
For what it's worth, the AC San Jose, CR provides complimentary breakfast to Platinum members (+1), as well as a welcome amenity. This is a nice change from my experience with a Courtyard in New Orleans which had so many rules it basically made the vouchers worthless.

It is absurd how complicated they made the Marriott breakfast "benefit"
flybyFIRE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 5:11 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Posts: 13,087
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE View Post
For what it's worth, the AC San Jose, CR provides complimentary breakfast to Platinum members (+1), as well as a welcome amenity. This is a nice change from my experience with a Courtyard in New Orleans which had so many rules it basically made the vouchers worthless.

It is absurd how complicated they made the Marriott breakfast "benefit"
I believe the AC in Bellevue, WA also gave a full breakfast plus amenity points.
Points Scrounger is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread