Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London, Scotland and Ireland hotels.

London, Scotland and Ireland hotels.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:00 pm

If you'll be in Oban at all, I can recommend the Oban Perle - it's less than a year old. We just stayed for my father's 60th, and it is by far the nicest full service accommodation in Oban. Both of our rooms had wonderful views of the harbor, Beds were comfy, bathrooms large (and Aveda products), and they sent up local chocolates and champagne for my father's birthday.

I echo that you won't find many chain properties in Scotland. There are several around the airport (Marriott, Moxy which is within walking distance). We have stayed at both the Shertaon Grand and Glasshouse Autograph, and found them to be fine.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:12 am

It's true that there aren't many Marriotts in Scotland and Ireland. We were in Ireland in October 2019. (BTW - The weather was fine. Temps in the 60s. Only a little rain.) I can recommend the Aloft in Dublin. It's not luxurious (like the Sherbourne), but it's a solid choice at a reasonable price or on points. The hotel is quite new, and everything felt new and fresh. The room was fine. The bed was comfortable. The shower was great. We enjoyed breakfast each morning (free with status)-- a wide variety of excellent choices. A couple of evenings we ate at the Tenters pub next door. Very good food. We did not have a car, so parking was not an issue. It was a short walk to St. Patrick's Cathedral and other sights, and everything in Dublin was easily accessible by taxi. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Lofty robot which made deliveries to the room was very amusing. We would definitely stay there again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.