Search

Apple Pay at Marriott hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 4:20 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I may have to watch a lot closer. I have found many readers that didn't work and most I have to move the phone all over to find the reader. The good ones have a label showing where to place the phone. Some clerks have tried telling me Yes for Apple Pay but no for Samsung Pay,,, um no, they both use the same services IME.
Except that Samsung pay has the option to use MST, whereas no such option exists for Apple Pay.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:05 pm
glg

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I may have to watch a lot closer. I have found many readers that didn't work and most I have to move the phone all over to find the reader. The good ones have a label showing where to place the phone. Some clerks have tried telling me Yes for Apple Pay but no for Samsung Pay,,, um no, they both use the same services IME.
For MST, put it right on top of the slot to swipe. I hit one today that didn't do NFC at a Mariano's (Kroger owned) here in the Chicago area, it worked fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.