Wiki Posts
Search

Website Account Activity Details

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Location: New Berlin, WI USA - DL Platinum Elite - Marriott Platinum Premier
Website Account Activity Details

Does anyone have a good way to see the details of the points that are posted to our accounts after a stay?

The new method of showing Base + Elite + Extra doesn't make it easy for me to see in the Extra section exactly what I've gotten. This, presumably, is a catch all for the current bonus promo, the welcome gift points, the make a green choice and any extra bonus that might be part of the reservation I've booked. I can tell when I look at a couple of my recent postings that I'm missing something, but I don't know if it's welcome points or MAGC or what. Do I have to call the Elite line and ask them to detail it for me?

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

ChazDawg
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ChazDawg
Does anyone have a good way to see the details of the points that are posted to our accounts after a stay?

The new method of showing Base + Elite + Extra doesn't make it easy for me to see in the Extra section exactly what I've gotten. This, presumably, is a catch all for the current bonus promo, the welcome gift points, the make a green choice and any extra bonus that might be part of the reservation I've booked. I can tell when I look at a couple of my recent postings that I'm missing something, but I don't know if it's welcome points or MAGC or what. Do I have to call the Elite line and ask them to detail it for me?

ChazDawg
There is no way to see a further breakdown.

And I have noticed lately that there are changes to my point total that occur without any detailed activity showing up. I think there is a lag between when these batch post or something.

Wish they would follow some basic accounting principles...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
they know exactly why they are doing this ... it is so frequently wrong they don't want to make it too easy to see and fix it.
margarita girl and ChazDawg like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ChazDawg

ChazDawg
The numbers come from two different processes so no reconciliation easily done and no desire to make sure they add up. Our only defence these days is to know how to compute the proper number from the folio and track any extras due. I'm not even sure the CSRs can see the original source and are likely to make something up.

Every time I read a post about the numbers "don't look right" I think of the old, and not so old scams of rounding numbers down and putting the remainder in another account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.