Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Bummer, and a little ridiculous if you ask me. Does the same verbage pop up if you select "lost?"

James
Lost Card
Your Card will be cancelled and you'll receive a replacement Card with a new number.

Damaged Card
Your damaged Card will be reissued with a new number. You can continue using your existing Card until the replacement arrives.

Never Received Card
Your previously issued Card will be cancelled and you’ll receive a replacement with a new Card number.

Stolen Card
Your stolen Card will be cancelled and you’ll receive a replacement with a new Card number.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by YYJMSP
Says right on the statement:
Upon your first anniversary: receive an Annual Free Night Award 8-10 weeks after the Annual Reset
Date, starting after your first year of Card membership.

My reset is Apr 10, my annual fee posted Apr 23, so I'm hoping to see my cert in mid-Jun...
Showed up on Jun 11 and had no probs applying it online to a points advance stay...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:57 am

Can you you shed some light on where in ‘My Account’ I can see the cert if I have in fact received it? I believe I am on the same timeline as you.

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
Showed up on Jun 11 and had no probs applying it online to a points advance stay...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
Can you you shed some light on where in ‘My Account’ I can see the cert if I have in fact received it? I believe I am on the same timeline as you.

After you sign in to your Marriott account, just click on Overview and it should show up on that page.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by margarita girl

After you sign in to your Marriott account, just click on Overview and it should show up on that page.
Is there a way to see the certificate within the APP? Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleworld

Is there a way to see the certificate within the APP? Thanks
I think so. I don’t have one in my account right now, but I think it will show up in the MY ACCOUNT page. (I can see my SNAs there, and the free night was always with it.) It should be the next line after ACCOUNT ACTIVITY and PROMOTIONS.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
for those that have gotten it, how long did it take for the signup-bonus to post? 3rd statement? I reached the target with the second statement but no bonus transferred...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I got mine a couple days after my first statement, same day as the monthly spend points
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by Smiley90
for those that have gotten it, how long did it take for the signup-bonus to post? 3rd statement? I reached the target with the second statement but no bonus transferred...
Same here. Reached the spend required for the sign up bonus on the second statement but no 60K bonus yet. The points from the spend on the second statement posted however.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by turbov6

Same here. Reached the spend required for the sign up bonus on the second statement but no 60K bonus yet. The points from the spend on the second statement posted however.
For reference, I received my 61k points from the second statement as well as the base points the same day on my Marriott account.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:24 pm

Same here.

Originally Posted by beastmaster

For reference, I received my 61k points from the second statement as well as the base points the same day on my Marriott account.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Missing bonus points

I don't usually use my Cdn Amex at SPG properties as most of my travel is international (and I prefer the US Amex with no forex fees), but I did use it at the Westin Perth. The charge was C$500, yet I received no bonus pts (got 2 pts/$ instead of the 5 pts/$ I was entitled to). I have to say, I'm a bit surprised as this isn't a LC hotel with an unusual name that might not have been coded properly. You'd think that all Westins would automatically get the 5X points. I'll be calling Amex today.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I don't usually use my Cdn Amex at SPG properties as most of my travel is international (and I prefer the US Amex with no forex fees), but I did use it at the Westin Perth. The charge was C$500, yet I received no bonus pts (got 2 pts/$ instead of the 5 pts/$ I was entitled to). I have to say, I'm a bit surprised as this isn't a LC hotel with an unusual name that might not have been coded properly. You'd think that all Westins would automatically get the 5X points. I'll be calling Amex today.
I’m actually surprised to learn that it’s 5x per dollar spent at Marriott properties on the CA Amex card
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

I’m actually surprised to learn that it’s 5x per dollar spent at Marriott properties on the CA Amex card
Why? Were you expecting more or less? It’s 6 pts/$ on the US card, but with the exchange, you still come out a little ahead on the Cdn card. Except you have to pay forex fees.

Anyhow, called Amex this morning and they opened a case for me. Got a call about 15 mins ago saying the points have been corrected. No explanation as to why this happened in the first place.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat

Why? Were you expecting more or less? It’s 6 pts/$ on the US card, but with the exchange, you still come out a little ahead on the Cdn card. Except you have to pay forex fees.

Anyhow, called Amex this morning and they opened a case for me. Got a call about 15 mins ago saying the points have been corrected. No explanation as to why this happened in the first place.
do you get 2x 15 elite night credits by having the card in both countries?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.