Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Old May 13, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Handcake
Points should post at the last business day of the month. If they didn't post in April, my guess is last day of May. They only post once a month.
Mine post on the 27th of the month without fail. My billing cycle ends on the 24th of the month.
CraigerC likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Approved on May 8th. 15 nights in my account on May 13th.
Online billing statement received May 20th??

Haven't even received card in mail and I’m getting a billing statement less than 2 weeks after opening account? (Just annual fee)

Called AMEX Will give card a couple more days to arrive due to CDN long weekend. Strange timing.

Hope the $1500 spend is really within 90 days of opening and not 3 billing statements since statement 1 has already happened and was planning to use this card on July/August trip. Could probably change a reservation to prepaid to be sure $$ hit card in time.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Bigshaker

Haven't even received card in mail and Im getting a billing statement less than 2 weeks after opening account? (Just annual fee)

Called AMEX Will give card a couple more days to arrive due to CDN long weekend. Strange timing.

Hope the $1500 spend is really within 90 days of opening and not 3 billing statements since statement 1 has already happened and was planning to use this card on July/August trip. Could probably change a reservation to prepaid to be sure $$ hit card in time.
It's 3 months from activating the card AFAIK.
Bigshaker likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker

Haven't even received card in mail and Im getting a billing statement less than 2 weeks after opening account? (Just annual fee)

I called a couple of months ago. It's 3 months from approval date.
Bigshaker likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Reset date Apr.6
Anniv.night posted Jun.7

So it looks to mirror everyone's experiences of about the 2 month mark
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:47 am
Suspended

will amex automatically replace my spg card with the new bonvoy card?

i know that the old and new cards are functionally the same.
i applied for the new bonvoy card earlier this year. i received the old look spg card.
my wife applied shortly after i did and got the new look bonvoy card.
i thought for sure that i would automatically get the new card but i still haven't.
has anyone here received the new card without asking? if so, how long ago was it?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
I'm thinking that the easiest way to get the new look card is to say you lost your SPG card. You'll be without a card for a few days and have to reset all your pre-approved payments, but you'll have the shiny new card!

On another note, I still haven't received my Bonvoy points from my May 18th statement. I called in to Amex and they said that there is something wrong with the interface with Marriott. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveTO
I'm thinking that the easiest way to get the new look card is to say you lost your SPG card. You'll be without a card for a few days and have to reset all your pre-approved payments, but you'll have the shiny new card!
yes, was thinking of doing that. looked at the website page for ordering a new card. "damaged" is one option.
new numbers are a pain in the posterior though. i might just wait it out. was just hoping to see if anyone else had automatically received the new card.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BenSenise
yes, was thinking of doing that. looked at the website page for ordering a new card. "damaged" is one option.
new numbers are a pain in the posterior though. i might just wait it out. was just hoping to see if anyone else had automatically received the new card.
If you request a new card, the replacement will be the same card number and have the same PIN.

Damage could mean that the chip is defective but the magnetic strip still works or vise versa. On the lower left side, on the front of the card you should see a two digit number. If it is 01 then it is your first card issued. When you request a replacement card the new card will be 02. Once the new card is activated the 01 issue is deactivated.

I have had the same bank card for over 37 years but now on card number 23.

James
unclepants and jerry305 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you request a new card, the replacement will be the same card number and have the same PIN.
i assume then that one must call in for that. the website choices specifically state that the replacement card will have a new number.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:59 pm

i assume then that one must call in for that. the website choices specifically state that the replacement card will have a new number.
Even for damaged cards? I would give them a call and just tell that that the magnetic strip doesn't work. I had the SPG card but cancelled it and haven't applied for the Bonvoy Card as yet. Maybe it is specific to Amex. If so, that is a huge PITA.

I have received a replacement card before (not SPG/Bonvoy) and inadvertently cut it up instead of the old one, requested another card and it arrived in the usual processing time. Same account & Pin, one digit higher on the card count.

James
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:19 pm
Suspended

unfortunately it looks like it applies to damaged cards as well. all choices state that the card will be reissued with a new number.

Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:30 pm

Yes I was noticing the delay as well but appears to have just posted over the weekend (June 9th).

Originally Posted by DaveTO

On another note, I still haven't received my Bonvoy points from my May 18th statement. I called in to Amex and they said that there is something wrong with the interface with Marriott. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:59 pm

Where do you see the Anniversary night on the Marriott.com website? or is it visilbe on amex.ca?

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Reset date Apr.6
Anniv.night posted Jun.7

So it looks to mirror everyone's experiences of about the 2 month mark
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:53 pm

unfortunately it looks like it applies to damaged cards as well. all choices state that the card will be reissued with a new number.

Bummer, and a little ridiculous if you ask me. Does the same verbage pop up if you select "lost?"

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.