FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1967041-canadian-marriott-bonvoy-american-express-card-general-discussion.html)

margarita girl May 13, 2019 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Handcake (Post 31094389)
Points should post at the last business day of the month. If they didn't post in April, my guess is last day of May. They only post once a month.

Mine post on the 27th of the month without fail. My billing cycle ends on the 24th of the month.

Bigshaker May 21, 2019 10:32 am

Approved on May 8th. 15 nights in my account on May 13th.
Online billing statement received May 20th??

Haven't even received card in mail and I’m getting a billing statement less than 2 weeks after opening account? (Just annual fee)

Called AMEX Will give card a couple more days to arrive due to CDN long weekend. Strange timing.

Hope the $1500 spend is really within 90 days of opening and not 3 billing statements since statement 1 has already happened and was planning to use this card on July/August trip. Could probably change a reservation to prepaid to be sure $$ hit card in time.

Smiley90 May 21, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker (Post 31123898)

Haven't even received card in mail and I’m getting a billing statement less than 2 weeks after opening account? (Just annual fee)

Called AMEX Will give card a couple more days to arrive due to CDN long weekend. Strange timing.

Hope the $1500 spend is really within 90 days of opening and not 3 billing statements since statement 1 has already happened and was planning to use this card on July/August trip. Could probably change a reservation to prepaid to be sure $$ hit card in time.

It's 3 months from activating the card AFAIK.

prmetime May 21, 2019 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker (Post 31123898)

I called a couple of months ago. It's 3 months from approval date.

rankourabu Jun 7, 2019 1:52 pm

Reset date Apr.6
Anniv.night posted Jun.7

So it looks to mirror everyone's experiences of about the 2 month mark

BenSenise Jun 9, 2019 10:47 am

will amex automatically replace my spg card with the new bonvoy card?

i know that the old and new cards are functionally the same.
i applied for the new bonvoy card earlier this year. i received the old look spg card.
my wife applied shortly after i did and got the new look bonvoy card.
i thought for sure that i would automatically get the new card but i still haven't.
has anyone here received the new card without asking? if so, how long ago was it?

DaveTO Jun 9, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm thinking that the easiest way to get the new look card is to say you lost your SPG card. You'll be without a card for a few days and have to reset all your pre-approved payments, but you'll have the shiny new card!

On another note, I still haven't received my Bonvoy points from my May 18th statement. I called in to Amex and they said that there is something wrong with the interface with Marriott. Is anyone else having this problem?

BenSenise Jun 9, 2019 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 31186731)
I'm thinking that the easiest way to get the new look card is to say you lost your SPG card. You'll be without a card for a few days and have to reset all your pre-approved payments, but you'll have the shiny new card!

yes, was thinking of doing that. looked at the website page for ordering a new card. "damaged" is one option.
new numbers are a pain in the posterior though. i might just wait it out. was just hoping to see if anyone else had automatically received the new card.

Flying for Fun Jun 10, 2019 2:18 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 31187196)
yes, was thinking of doing that. looked at the website page for ordering a new card. "damaged" is one option.
new numbers are a pain in the posterior though. i might just wait it out. was just hoping to see if anyone else had automatically received the new card.

If you request a new card, the replacement will be the same card number and have the same PIN.

Damage could mean that the chip is defective but the magnetic strip still works or vise versa. On the lower left side, on the front of the card you should see a two digit number. If it is 01 then it is your first card issued. When you request a replacement card the new card will be 02. Once the new card is activated the 01 issue is deactivated.

I have had the same bank card for over 37 years but now on card number 23.

James

BenSenise Jun 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31187508)
If you request a new card, the replacement will be the same card number and have the same PIN.

i assume then that one must call in for that. the website choices specifically state that the replacement card will have a new number.

Flying for Fun Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 31189147)
i assume then that one must call in for that. the website choices specifically state that the replacement card will have a new number.

Even for damaged cards? I would give them a call and just tell that that the magnetic strip doesn't work. I had the SPG card but cancelled it and haven't applied for the Bonvoy Card as yet. Maybe it is specific to Amex. If so, that is a huge PITA.

I have received a replacement card before (not SPG/Bonvoy) and inadvertently cut it up instead of the old one, requested another card and it arrived in the usual processing time. Same account & Pin, one digit higher on the card count.

James

BenSenise Jun 10, 2019 5:19 pm

unfortunately it looks like it applies to damaged cards as well. all choices state that the card will be reissued with a new number.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67017fd138.png

thatsthatmattressman Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Yes I was noticing the delay as well but appears to have just posted over the weekend (June 9th).
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ed58b85b7b.jpg

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 31186731)

On another note, I still haven't received my Bonvoy points from my May 18th statement. I called in to Amex and they said that there is something wrong with the interface with Marriott. Is anyone else having this problem?

thatsthatmattressman Jun 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Where do you see the Anniversary night on the Marriott.com website? or is it visilbe on amex.ca?

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 31180707)
Reset date Apr.6
Anniv.night posted Jun.7

So it looks to mirror everyone's experiences of about the 2 month mark

Flying for Fun Jun 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 31190030)
unfortunately it looks like it applies to damaged cards as well. all choices state that the card will be reissued with a new number.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67017fd138.png

Bummer, and a little ridiculous if you ask me. Does the same verbage pop up if you select "lost?"

James