Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Old May 1, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
My annual spend reset date is mid November and the annual fee posts in the Nov statement. The free night certificate hits my Bonvoy account mid January. I assumed it's so people don't get the FNA in their account then cancel the card without having to pay the annual fee.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:13 pm

Looks like about a 6 week delay for me too.
Early May has been the date my certificate posts. Shouldn't be much longer I hope.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:47 am

I can totally understand the Free Night not being deposited in your account until the annual fee is paid. That makes total sense. I just honestly do not recall their being a delay in the previous years - I thought it was pretty much immediately after, albeit maybe I am confused as the last couple of years have seen a lot of changes / extensions etc.. I can't remember what normal is!
Old May 2, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I can totally understand the Free Night not being deposited in your account until the annual fee is paid. That makes total sense. I just honestly do not recall their being a delay in the previous years - I thought it was pretty much immediately after, albeit maybe I am confused as the last couple of years have seen a lot of changes / extensions etc.. I can't remember what normal is!
For me, the FNA gets deposited on the exact same date every year, about 2 months after my renewal (true of both my Cdn and US cards). As a matter of fact, if you still have last year's free night in your account, you can take note of the deposit date (which can be seen on iOS app), and that's when you will get your next one.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:06 pm

Perfect. I will then use your 2 month time frame as my expectation. Like I had mentioned, I have lost track as to what was normal and which one was extended etc.,,,,,,I tried to look back on my activity and half of the info is missing. For example I used one of the free nights with an existing stay but it doesn't show properly. I am starting to think that is why it still says on my account that I have a free night that is expiring, which I don't. Possibly the way the hotel pulled it and added it to the other existing reservation. Who knows?
Nonetheless, thanks for the info. Appreciated. I won't worry about it at this time.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Amex phone reps can tell you when your renewal date is, and the date that the FNA certificate will be issued.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:18 pm

35K cert even with top up (15K) is mostly useless if you want to redeem a night for a summer weekend in Vancouver (downtown). I assume it will be the case for all major Canadian cities centres.
msNJV likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:32 pm

On the AMEX Bonvoy page, if you click on the footnote of "Enjoy an Annual Free Night Award3 after your Card anniversary each year." (the superscript 3), you will see:
Each year starting after your first year of Cardmembership, 8-10 weeks after your annual reset date, you will earn an Annual Free Night Award redeemable within 1 year from issuing for an available single or double occupancy standard room at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties with a room redemption rate of up to 35,000 Points, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes but exclusive of resort fee. Booking and stay of the Free Night Award must be completed within 1 year of the Award’s issuance. Account must be in good standing. To view the full terms and conditions for redemption of Free Night Awards, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
Bravada04 and jerry305 like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:25 am

Anyone else experiencing delays lately in points from card spend posting to your bonvoy account? Mine always used to post around 2 days after my statement date, but the past few months the base spend is still posting in that window, but hotel spend points are taking much longer - around 5 weeks later for my February statement, one week for March, and now 4 weeks and counting for April (meanwhile, base points from May statement have already posted). Called Amex and they say they've sent the points, but because hotel spend are bonus points it could take up to 2 months for them to post. It never used to take that long, why is that the case now?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:15 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
For the recent Amex Marriott Business card with the extra 10000 points offer during initial 6 months, did anyone get data points on travel related charges in foreign spent? The terms on website below did not specify in currency yet the charges for hotel and air ticket in non CAD did not result in the bonus spend.

Points Offer on Eligible Gas, Travel & Dining

You can earn 2 additional Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 spent (i) at stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada; (ii) restaurants, quick service restaurants, coffee shops and drinking establishments in Canada; and (iii) for travel services or travel bookings including air, water, rail and road transport, but not including local and commuter transportation. You can earn up to a maximum of 10,000 points in the first six months of Cardmembership. This is an additional 2 points for every $1 on top of the standard earn rate of 3 points, for a total of 5 points. Once the combined maximum is reached or after six months of Cardmembership, whichever comes first, you will no longer earn a total of 5 bonus points for every $1 spent on these categories, rather you will continue to earn at the standard earn rate, which is 3 points for every $1 spent on these categories. Supplementary Card purchases count towards the 10,000 points threshold.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone having issues with their statement spend points posting lately? My statement closed over 5 business days ago, and the points still haven't posted. They usually post within a day or 2 previously...
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I have a similar problem. My October statement points havent posted yet.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
My October statement points took a month to post, my Nov statement points are already two weeks behind the usual posting.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Both my Oct and Nov statements posted correctly and on time.

However, there seems to be a glitch with Amex that if the only charges on your card are Marriott properties, your points will not post. Theyll show up the following month or whenever you charge a non-Marriott related charge to the card. Could this be your issue? Not a problem for me as I have a few organizations I donate to monthly, but Ive read about this before.
Jebby_ca and unclepants like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Both my Oct and Nov statements posted correctly and on time.

However, there seems to be a glitch with Amex that if the only charges on your card are Marriott properties, your points will not post. Theyll show up the following month or whenever you charge a non-Marriott related charge to the card. Could this be your issue? Not a problem for me as I have a few organizations I donate to monthly, but Ive read about this before.
Took a closer look at my account, and it seems my September and November points posted. Im just straight up missing October.

I only charge Marriott properties to my card, nothing else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.