Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Just hit platinum, also lifetime plat.....question

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Just hit platinum (50 nights in 2019) from a stay last week. App and website now reflect 50th night. This also makes me a lifetime platinum as this will be my tenth year of platinum in the combined MAR/SPG program. App also reflects this.

Here’s the question: in SPG (and maybe MAR in prior years, I can’t remember), I always received a congratulatory email basically confirming I hit the threshold for the year. Haven’t gotten anything like that so far. Has anyone else? Are they even doing it? Just curious.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'd go buy a lotto ticket. You actually received Lifetime Plat the same time you qualified for it and didn't have to a) email them twenty times to ask them to fix this; b) fight with them on the number of years of plat you were in the past; or c) they awarded you lifetime silver and it took them five years to fix their mistake. Seriously, go buy a lotto ticket.

In other news...no, I don't believe MAR sends emails. I never got one as I moved through the ranks, even after the merger which moved me to LT PPE and now LT Titanium.

-RM
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I don't remember Marriott ever sending emails out when you hit each status level during the year. I'm over 30 nights this year and haven't received one for Silver or Gold (I'm currently Titanium). Perhaps there's something at the end of the year saying this is your status for next year, I don't recall.

Also, I didn't receive an email when I reached LT Gold (at the conversion last fall) or LT Platinum earlier this year.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: MR rewards
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
Just hit platinum (50 nights in 2019) from a stay last week. App and website now reflect 50th night. This also makes me a lifetime platinum as this will be my tenth year of platinum in the combined MAR/SPG program. App also reflects this.

Here’s the question: in SPG (and maybe MAR in prior years, I can’t remember), I always received a congratulatory email basically confirming I hit the threshold for the year. Haven’t gotten anything like that so far. Has anyone else? Are they even doing it? Just curious.
I remember that Marriot say happy birthday to every single one by Email and Twitter but they forget after SPG
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I guess my question was/is, app shows I just hit 50 nights in calendar year 2019, also says have nine years plat under belt prior to this year.

Was just looking for some kind of confirmation from Marriott that peg was hit. Not taking anything for granted and one of the replies to my original post suggested he had to send emails, etc
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I don't think you'll see a formal acknowledgement except when your status changes on the website and app, if that's what you're asking. I suspect the question you might have is when will the years update to 10, which will give you the LT Plat status? I don't know when they update years. But I'd certainly take a screenshot of what you see now, and a screenshot when it changes to 10 years. Even better if you had a screen shot at the end of last year, but I'm guessing you didn't.

I do this with Marriott, United, etc. any time I'm reaching a threshold or they are planning big changes (such as the Marriott IT merger last fall).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I never even got an email for legacy MR PP. The first year I had it, I learned when a phone agent thanked me for being PP and I initially thought that I had mis-heard what was said.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.