Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Ambassador Gift Package

Just got my Ambassador Gift Box today.

Hand delivered by FedEx. Very nice boxing and presentation. Very nice laptop sleeve and tote. Very nice. Anyways, anyone else get theirs today?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's already a thread on this.

BTW, what tote? I got a zippered "sleeve" for a large laptop with an attached zippered small "sleeve" presumably for cords, etc. It's not the right dimension for any tablets, phones, etc. that I know but maybe some sort of iPad mini? Or a collection of large index cards (to match the Bonvoy focus on faxes).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
thanks, looked around, didn't find one. i thought the card said carry tote. so that's what i called it. yes, the smaller zippered pouch

Mods, please merge, thanks.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Well Red
One more data point here. Several of my co-workers on my current project also have AMB status. They all received theirs Tuesday/Wednesday. I just got home from a week on client site and... no love.

Additional factors:
- I’m the middle of the pack for both my first and last names, so I don’t think they’re batching alphabetically.
- I’m also the middle of the pack for my LT status, so I don’t think they’re batching by number of elite years or LT status.
- We’re a geographically dispersed team, including two AMBs in my city, so geographic/regional batching seems out.

I’m sure they’ll send me one... eventually. It would be really bad business to only “surprise and delight” some of your high value customers. (They might even send it globally, who knows?) Otherwise, the Bonvoy exodus would continue. But it took them 3+ months to fix my account after the loyalty cutover wiped out my account history, including about a decade of elite status, and it took 4+ months to get an Ambassador assigned. So, I figure if trend stays consistent, I’ll be getting mine as a Thanksgiving gift. Lol
There are possibility that they sent the pack based on the members Bonvoy number .... smallest to largest ... or 1/10 odd and 1/10even number alternate batch (needs 20 batch to send all)
Or even completely randomised
Old May 1, 2019, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by damon88
I had my record number of stays last year (over 200) and record spend (over 40K) yet received no targeted promotions and to date no Ambassador gift. I have 11 award nights coming up in May and if I’m not “surprised and delighted” will definitely be “irritated and confused”
This thread just reminded me of the fact that one year I *never* got my PP gift from Marriott. They *eventually* sent me the PP card, but it looked funny in that some of the printing on it seemed to be in Korean. I'm guessing that they ran out of the English version of the blank cards and finally made up one of the leftover ones for me.

For the record, I've never lived in Korea or been in the country (South Korea) for more than about ten days at a time. I certainly can't speak or read the language.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I guess nothing for Canadian Ambassador Elite members?
Old May 1, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I guess nothing for Canadian Ambassador Elite members?
Not from my end in Toronto.... will update here if I ever get it or never?
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Got mine yesterday. I'm traveling so my wife picked it up and started using it.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Received mine last week but the pens were missing from the pouch. Sadly no real need for the case, but it was a nice gesture.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I got one, it's kind of fun even though I have no use for it as I currently have the need for a bag that holds more than one item.

My useless ambassador is still around though and my attempt at getting a new one backfired when the ambassador email box told her and she called me crying about it, so there's that.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Got mine today, completely unexpected and this laptop bag will work fine for my larger laptop. Been Platinum for 15 years and over 1300 night with Marriott, hit AMB last year and Lifetime Titanium, thanks.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
Got mine today. Considering chucking the case and keeping the sleek and elegant box it came in.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
This 'gift' perfectly reflects the Marriott International Brand: cheap materials, lots of plastic and tacky. What a difference from past SPG gifts.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by damon88
Mine came today and I believe you nailed it-- every Ambassador will eventually get one of these. FWIW mine shipped from Utah (I am in SoCal)

And when it comes to gifts from Elite programs I subscribe to the "it's the thought that counts" philosophy. Do I need this laptop bag or pens? Ummm. Not so much. But I do appreciate the gesture.
Presumably every US Ambassador only.
Old May 5, 2019, 5:10 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Nothing so far in Singapore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.