Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum

I received a gift from Marriott Bonvoy today. It’s a laptop case with a separate pouch and two pens. Did anyone else get anything?
WoodyWindy, unclepants and nequine like this.

Last edited by jthomps; Apr 22, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:14 pm

I also just got this in the mail today.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:42 pm

damn, so that is what I could have received this year if they didnt devalue the old plat. premier tier. i actually would have loved to have all of those pieces.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jthomps
Did anyone else get anything?
Not yet, but I think they made an error calling it luxurious and elegant. That's a high bar to set for yourself, especially when your target audience is a bunch of Tumi toting frequent travelers.

They should let the gift speak for itself, but make sure it really is luxurious and elegant. That, or send something with real utility (that the recipients are not likely to already own). The last Platinum Premier gift I actually used was the tile they sent a few years ago. Unless this is really nice in person it's likely to end up where that weird snap together valet tray went. Namely I have no idea where. Though I guess you can never have too many pens.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I decided I liked the weird snap together tray although it took a while to figure out what it was! Then bought a couple in Argentina.

Wasn't sure if they were going to continue this since Ambassador is easier to earn than the old PP. Did SPG send Ambassador gifts?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Did SPG send Ambassador gifts?
Most certainly - although my personallized (embroidered surname on sleeve) Sheraton bathrobe came with a noticeable stain, leading me to suspect it was possibly drawn from a pool of rejects. But I appreciated it nevertheless, and use it around the house occasionally to this day.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Wasn't sure if they were going to continue this since Ambassador is easier to earn than the old PP.
Not even close. Ive been PP the last 5 or 6 years but did not make Amb this year.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by swintec
Not even close. Ive been PP the last 5 or 6 years but did not make Amb this year.
YMMV but 100 nights is lower than what I believe PP has ever required, and PP generally required multiple years. Of course, I don't know what the spending threshold but I'd be surprised if it was under 20k. Then again, I realize there a folks out there who travel a lot to Asia. I spend a lot of time in places with FI/RI/CY but still easily make the 20k.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Let's not forget the legacy SPG folks that still have Ambassadors based on 100+ (legacy SPG) nights with no spend requirement.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Received one of these today. I think I'd prefer to get something from this promo in connection with an upcoming stay: Marriott's targeted "Surprise and Delight" promotion
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nothing so far for me....and I had something like $40,000 spend last year.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Mine arrived today. First year as Ambassador.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Did anyone from Canada get the gift? or just for the US AMB?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
What a stupid gift. Who doesn't have a laptop case? And plastic pens, really? Face palm. Luggage tags would have been better or even a suite night award certificate.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Mine also arrived in the mail yesterday. I don't have a laptop case...But then, I've never seen the need for owning one, as my backpack has served for that purpose all these years. Maybe I'll give the laptop case a try at some point. Meanwhile, the pens are already in my backpack.

-mvitale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.