Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Just got home from a week in my San Francisco office to find... nothing in the mail for me from Marriott. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t even really want this gift, but after spending 117 nights and around $30,000 in Marriott properties last year, then being excluded from the recent targeted promo, not hearing at all from my ambassador in months, getting redirected to the Titanic elite line a couple times when calling in recently, and now this... I’m not really feeling any love for the business I do with them.
Hang tight for a bit. I just received mine yesterday in Ohio.

OT - but if you post your displeasure with lack of Ambassador engagement in the master Ambassador thread, the lurkers get involved and get you a better one. They seem to be focusing on this now.
Would be better if they were more proactive, but at least there is a remedy.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...thread-62.html

If you scroll back through the last couple of pages, many examples of this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Just got home from a week in my San Francisco office to find... nothing in the mail for me from Marriott. Dont get me wrong, I didnt even really want this gift, but after spending 117 nights and around $30,000 in Marriott properties last year, then being excluded from the recent targeted promo, not hearing at all from my ambassador in months, getting redirected to the Titanic elite line a couple times when calling in recently, and now this... Im not really feeling any love for the business I do with them.
I received mine yesterday.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I still dont have mine yet...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jthomps

I received a gift from Marriott Bonvoy today. Its a laptop case with a separate pouch and two pens. Did anyone else get anything?
I got this as well.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
This must be targeted.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:10 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I had my record number of stays last year (over 200) and record spend (over 40K) yet received no targeted promotions and to date no Ambassador gift. I have 11 award nights coming up in May and if Im not surprised and delighted will definitely be irritated and confused
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Mine arrived today. One of the two pens doesn't work. Oh yeah, all of the benefits and perks that Flueck lists as coming with ambassador status are basically just titanium benefits and perks. Thanks for reminding me that I really don't need to put in the extra effort for ambassador. The membership card doesn't even list the ambassador desk telephone number. It instead tells you to email Marriott. As if Marriott responds to email. What a joke. Maybe I'll use a hole puncher to turn the card into a bag tag.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Seeing that the pack contains amb member card, I would guess every amb will get them ..... eventually ... depends on the speed of postal service in members area
C17PSGR and damon88 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by txpenny
This must be targeted.
Possibly - but not likely. These are probably being sent out in batches, and obviously there will be variations in delivery time once turned over the the postal service. Having said that, of course Marriott IT will inevitably be involved in the process, and so it's prone to a good degree of error...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
One more data point here. Several of my co-workers on my current project also have AMB status. They all received theirs Tuesday/Wednesday. I just got home from a week on client site and... no love.

Additional factors:
- Im the middle of the pack for both my first and last names, so I dont think theyre batching alphabetically.
- Im also the middle of the pack for my LT status, so I dont think theyre batching by number of elite years or LT status.
- Were a geographically dispersed team, including two AMBs in my city, so geographic/regional batching seems out.

Im sure theyll send me one... eventually. It would be really bad business to only surprise and delight some of your high value customers. (They might even send it globally, who knows?) Otherwise, the Bonvoy exodus would continue. But it took them 3+ months to fix my account after the loyalty cutover wiped out my account history, including about a decade of elite status, and it took 4+ months to get an Ambassador assigned. So, I figure if trend stays consistent, Ill be getting mine as a Thanksgiving gift. Lol
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Mine came in today.

I checked the tracking ... it was drop shipped from Chicago on the 23rd, then turned over to USPS when I got to my city,

And, every year, we've had the same complaints that some people get them earlier than others
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:07 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Seeing that the pack contains amb member card, I would guess every amb will get them ..... eventually ... depends on the speed of postal service in members area
Mine came today and I believe you nailed it-- every Ambassador will eventually get one of these. FWIW mine shipped from Utah (I am in SoCal)

And when it comes to gifts from Elite programs I subscribe to the "it's the thought that counts" philosophy. Do I need this laptop bag or pens? Ummm. Not so much. But I do appreciate the gesture.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I got one, even though I'm a Fauxbassador Elite

I'd prefer a "surprise and delight" on my pair of 60K points reservations next month over this though...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Yes
I received one as well. The gesture is nice, but the quality of the bag and pens is poor, like Daiso Japan Store. I would have rather seen a personalized card and renewed commitment to improving Ambassador Elite perks rather than the money spent on this.. gesture.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:21 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

I dont think this package is related to the targeted Surprise & Delight. Have 11 nights of St Regis points stays coming up in May and really hope I am targeted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.