Wiki Posts
Search

Status and cost to obtain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Status and cost to obtain

I just completed 75 elite nights and became a Titanium member in Marriott Bonvoy program. The app showed a total spend to date of $ 3,205

Out of the 75 nights, I got 15 elite nights from my AMEX Bonvoy credit card and 10 elite nights for organizing a seminar in a Marriott property.

I wonder what other members cost them to obtain any elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Congrats on making Titanium for under $70/night for your paid nights! Wow...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I just completed 75 elite nights and became a Titanium member in Marriott Bonvoy program. The app showed a total spend to date of $ 3,205

Out of the 75 nights, I got 15 elite nights from my AMEX Bonvoy credit card and 10 elite nights for organizing a seminar in a Marriott property.

I wonder what other members cost them to obtain any elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program?
Unfortunately here in Italy no Bonvoy credit cards available!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: MR rewards
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Unfortunately here in Italy no Bonvoy credit cards available!
If you visit Dubai get it from ENBD 150k welcome bounce 5 elite nights every year free category 5 night every year for approximately $400 .. 3 points for every $ any where 6 points for using it with Marriott
If you don't live in Dubai just open saving account then apply
This is the easiest way around the world if you care !
Good luck ..
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
No nights from credit cards here too,
got 21 nights so far for 2019
with spending around 9k
mostly i booked 2 rooms/stays

easy to reach amb with spg but will be quite a challenge for me with bonvoy
might arrange a "meeting" if needed
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Most of my travel is international (mainly Dubai and Abu Dhabi) and I always stay at cheap ex SPG properties like Four Points or Aloft
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Maybe the OP had some award nights this year or got the targeted double nights promo. There are some cheap hotels at times in the Chicago area, but $70 per night seems very low for someone in the USA.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Most of my travel is international (mainly Dubai and Abu Dhabi) and I always stay at cheap ex SPG properties like Four Points or Aloft
not too difficult as op stay mostly in uae
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
I hit titanium fairly early in the year thanks to - AMex Platinum (auto gold) and then Marriott Bonvoy card.

Ofcourse the recent promotion helped in points as well.

Work pays for every single night upto $150/night and I end up staying 20 plus nights each month. That being said, I would venture a guess that my (employer's) average spend (including taxes and fees) is close to $135/night.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uscgto
I hit titanium fairly early in the year thanks to - AMex Platinum (auto gold) and then Marriott Bonvoy card.

Ofcourse the recent promotion helped in points as well.

Work pays for every single night upto $150/night and I end up staying 20 plus nights each month. That being said, I would venture a guess that my (employer's) average spend (including taxes and fees) is close to $135/night.
Shouldn't you be Ambassador with 240 nights per year at well over $100 per night on average?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't you be Ambassador with 240 nights per year at well over $100 per night on average?
I was in corporate accommodation upto December 2018.. switched gears, and depts and my projects took me places where "corporate accommodation" was non-existent.

I will be ambassador sometime in near future.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm at 31 nights this year and about $1500 spend. So about $50/night. It includes 15 credit card nights, and a stay on points. I'd guess my paid stays probably average about $140 per night. But assuming I requalify as Titanium, bet I end up at just under $100/night. It's really not hard to do if you have the credit card, especially the old one.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:51 am

I maybe in the minority, but the only thing I like is accumulating "points".

Mainly because
- between the Marriott card, the titanium status (1.75) and the recent promotion(s), I accrue approx 100-120k points a month.
- I can use those for vacation.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
All of my nights are corporate paid with an average of $220-250 a night on weekdays and $110-150 a night on weekends depending on location and season. I'll hit 100 nights when my recent stay posts (16 free promotional nights) with an average just shy of the 20k needed for Ambassador.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:03 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
All of my nights are corporate paid with an average of $220-250 a night on weekdays and $110-150 a night on weekends depending on location and season. I'll hit 100 nights when my recent stay posts (16 free promotional nights) with an average just shy of the 20k needed for Ambassador.
It is pretty easy to earn status when someone else is paying the bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.