Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield by Marriott Taichung, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald

Anyone stayed there? How is it? Looks like a decent value for points, but rating on Marriott is quite low.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Rating is 3.7 out of 5. Not great but not horrible. Category 1.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rmqfi-fairfield-taichung/

"
Minutes away from Feng Chia Night Market"

If you stay there, please do a trip report after your stay. Thx!

​​​​​​​Cheers.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:14 pm

Does Fairfield by Marriott provide breakfast in Asia? It says breakfast there is a fee. I mean the Fairfield in the Americas don’t necessarily have the best breakfast but at least it’s provided.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
Does Fairfield by Marriott provide breakfast in Asia? It says breakfast there is a fee. I mean the Fairfield in the Americas don’t necessarily have the best breakfast but at least it’s provided.
I stayed in one FF so far, in Surabaya, and got free breakfast.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
I stayed in one FF so far, in Surabaya, and got free breakfast.
ALL FF's offer free breakfast to ALL guests.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I stayed there few months ago. It's a nice hotel, new and clean.

Yes it's within 10 minutes walking distance to Feng Chia Night Market, and I think it's a must-see for Taichung. But relatively speaking the location is a bit off from the city center so you may need to take a taxi in and out of the hotel when going to other sightseeing points
Breakfast is so-so in South East Asia's standard, choices are limited but it's ok
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:10 pm

Looks to be a reasonable distance from both Taichung Airport and the High Speed Rail Station.

Can anyone feedback on the fitness centre? Does it have a treadmill, elliptical, and/or a stationary bike?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Looks to be a reasonable distance from both Taichung Airport and the High Speed Rail Station.

Can anyone feedback on the fitness centre? Does it have a treadmill, elliptical, and/or a stationary bike?
I am here now. It’s not so convenient for tourists and is mainly geared towards business people. The one thing nearby is the night market but for everything else you’ll need to keep getting Uber (cheaper than taxis). It’s 25 - 30 mins to get to the centre / bikeway (a must try!) and Flora expo. If you tried local buses it would be at least double the time.

Rooms are nice and new with comfortable beds (not too soft, not too firm).

Gym - self access with key, treadmills yes, bikes I didn’t see. Bottled water there.

Apart from location issues, the breakfast is OK (and always included) but repetitive after a few days. We didn’t receive ANY housekeeping over 3 nights. It appears that the DND switch is confusing with only the bell light on outside door indicating if DND is on or not and the light is white or yellow, not green/red. And sometimes compared with Master switch you don’t know which way to put the DND switch. The hotel is trying to solve this issue but it meant no housekeeping!

If you’re on a business trip, it’ll be ok as long as you have a room away from the highway (noise) but the hotel said they will replace the windows on that side later. If you’re on a leisure trip I probably wouldn’t recommend it unless you have organised tours booked that can pick you up from the hotel. It’s better to wait for Le Meridien mot open, which will be near the central station. Apparently a JW could be in the pipeline too.

Finally, there was a 1-hour members’ drinks while I was there. Director of Sales was around (didn’t see GM). Wine, beer in cans and 1 savoury snack and 2 types of cake to nibble on. They say they may repeat it once a fortnight / month but not sure yet.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
ALL FF's offer free breakfast to ALL guests.
apparently the FF in Seoul does not provide breakfast so that was why I asked. It’s good to know that this one does. May try it next time I’m in the area.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by myperks

apparently the FF in Seoul does not provide breakfast so that was why I asked. It’s good to know that this one does. May try it next time I’m in the area.
Good to know.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sscywong
But relatively speaking the location is a bit off from the city center so you may need to take a taxi in and out of the hotel when going to other sightseeing points
There is not much to see in Taichung anyway, not a tourist destination really.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I am here now. It’s not so convenient for tourists and is mainly geared towards business people. The one thing nearby is the night market but for everything else you’ll need to keep getting Uber (cheaper than taxis). It’s 25 - 30 mins to get to the centre / bikeway (a must try!) and Flora expo. If you tried local buses it would be at least double the time.

Rooms are nice and new with comfortable beds (not too soft, not too firm).

Gym - self access with key, treadmills yes, bikes I didn’t see. Bottled water there.

Apart from location issues, the breakfast is OK (and always included) but repetitive after a few days. We didn’t receive ANY housekeeping over 3 nights. It appears that the DND switch is confusing with only the bell light on outside door indicating if DND is on or not and the light is white or yellow, not green/red. And sometimes compared with Master switch you don’t know which way to put the DND switch. The hotel is trying to solve this issue but it meant no housekeeping!

If you’re on a business trip, it’ll be ok as long as you have a room away from the highway (noise) but the hotel said they will replace the windows on that side later. If you’re on a leisure trip I probably wouldn’t recommend it unless you have organised tours booked that can pick you up from the hotel. It’s better to wait for Le Meridien mot open, which will be near the central station. Apparently a JW could be in the pipeline too.

Finally, there was a 1-hour members’ drinks while I was there. Director of Sales was around (didn’t see GM). Wine, beer in cans and 1 savoury snack and 2 types of cake to nibble on. They say they may repeat it once a fortnight / month but not sure yet.
Thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:04 pm

I stayed here a bit more than a month ago, breakfast was great. Definitely worth the 7,500 points at the time per night... I believe it's got insane value for just a category 1, now it's a category 2, it's still an awesome choice.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by gahafa
I stayed here a bit more than a month ago, breakfast was great. Definitely worth the 7,500 points at the time per night... I believe it's got insane value for just a category 1, now it's a category 2, it's still an awesome choice.
wasn’t this place a category 1 back in April? Was this a mid year unannounced increase? No more category 1s in Taiwan anymore after the Beitou properties and now this one.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hi does anyone has email address of Fairfield taichung , either front desk or reservation team ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.