Search

Parking fee and 2 cars ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Parking fee and 2 cars ?

If you are staying in one room but want to park 2 cars at the hotel (eg; one for you and one for the wife), are you charged two daily parking fee (per car) or one single fee per room and provided two parking permits ?

what if you booked two roons for the stay and have two cars ?

What are your experiences with Bonvoy hotels ?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:26 am

It comes down to the specific hotel. You may even be able to negotiate. In general, however, a fee is charged for each car.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:29 am

I've never seen a hotel of any brand whose parking fee wasn't per parking space. If you need two spaces, you pay for two spaces.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since you don't pay a parking fee if you don't have a car, it would be two fees for two cars, regardless of the number of rooms and how the cars are associated with particular rooms, unless you can somehow manage to never have both cars present at the hotel at the same time.

An exception would be hotels where parking is included in the resort fee.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
If you didn't have two cars present, then an argument could be made you aren't using two spaces at once. And then there's the matter of policing the parking. I have stayed at hotels without a gated lot that had paid parking, at hotels where you get a ticket on the way in and use your room key to get out, and hotels where you need your hotel key to get in or out.

In addition, people park on the street to avoid the lot. For example, I was recently at the Bethesda Marriott, and a ton of people were parking along the street in front of the hotel and walking to the front door -- it wasn't much further than the lot.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by daloosh
If you didn't have two cars present, then an argument could be made you aren't using two spaces at once. And then there's the matter of policing the parking. I have stayed at hotels without a gated lot that had paid parking, at hotels where you get a ticket on the way in and use your room key to get out, and hotels where you need your hotel key to get in or out.

In addition, people park on the street to avoid the lot. For example, I was recently at the Bethesda Marriott, and a ton of people were parking along the street in front of the hotel and walking to the front door -- it wasn't much further than the lot.
I may or may not be one of those folks who park on pooks hill road
daloosh likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a question for the front desk at check in. Most likely, the property charges per vehicle, but as with many things, policies and fees are waived all the time. Thus, best handled in person unless you can find some place in writing where the room rate includes parking for more than one vehicle.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:18 am

On a similar question, if my wife and I have one room and we want the restaurant breakfast buffet and it’s not included in the rate or as part of the elite benefits, do I pay for each of us or just pay for one of us and two people can eat? What are your experiences?
der_saeufer likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by myperks
On a similar question, if my wife and I have one room and we want the restaurant breakfast buffet and it’s not included in the rate or as part of the elite benefits, do I pay for each of us or just pay for one of us and two people can eat? What are your experiences?
Will you both be eating at the same time?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:25 am

Before you get too self-congratulatory, this too (two for one dining) I’ve pulled off via negotiation.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Will you both be eating at the same time?
Does it matter? Why not bring the whole family for one price and eat separately one every 30 mins.

Originally Posted by davie355
Before you get too self-congratulatory, this too (two for one dining) I’ve pulled off via negotiation.
Geebus... everything is subject to negotiation and coupons. Why don’t you find a three for one dining and get three people in? The point is (other than using your expert negotiation skillz and coupons) one would normally expect to pay separate breakfasts buffets, and also parking fee for each car, if any.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You could order continental breakfast for one from room service and share.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You could order continental breakfast for one from room service and share.
you can also bring and park your truck and park your second car on it... one space, one parking fee
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:10 am

you can also bring and park your truck and park your second car on it... one space, one parking fee
Except big trucks often aren't allowed in hotel parking lots or can result in higher parking fees.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Except big trucks often aren't allowed in hotel parking lots or can result in higher parking fees.
then by your logic room service continental breakfast can often result a higher cost than regular breakfast downstairs, not always but often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.