Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking fee and 2 cars ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:42 am

You didn't say which property it was, but... you might just want to ask for 2 room keys and leave it at that.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
If you are staying in one room but want to park 2 cars at the hotel (eg; one for you and one for the wife), are you charged two daily parking fee (per car) or one single fee per room and provided two parking permits ?

what if you booked two roons for the stay and have two cars ?

What are your experiences with Bonvoy hotels ?
expect to pay for two, negotiate to pay none
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Certainly in the UK it would be 2 charges as each car is registered by the automatic number plate cameras as it enters the car park. Nothing to say though that with a bit of negotiation one of those charges is comped.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nequine
Certainly in the UK it would be 2 charges as each car is registered by the automatic number plate cameras as it enters the car park. Nothing to say though that with a bit of negotiation one of those charges is comped.
Here in the USA we have too many suburban hotels with totally open parking lots that nevertheless charge for parking. In the UK, do you either have the automatic plate cameras or free parking, and nothing in between?

Also, automatic plate cameras wouldn't work in (or near) California because when someone buys a new car in California, they just have dealer plates at first, until they get the real plates in the mail.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Ok I asked the Hawaii hotel I'm staying at saying me and my wife have two cars and they agreed to charge me only one parking fee for the room while issuing two parking permits. The in-laws will be staying at another room and they have no car
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Here in the USA we have too many suburban hotels with totally open parking lots that nevertheless charge for parking. In the UK, do you either have the automatic plate cameras or free parking, and nothing in between?
There is a sort of half-way where there are the cameras and as long as you register your car in the hotel (depending on the reason why you're there legitimately in the first place) then you don't have to pay a fee.

I can understand why they were brought in - to save non-Marriott folk parking there for part/the whole day then going off shopping/to work. After they introduced the fee at the Glasgow Marriott, it meant you could actually get a parking space for your car!

Also, automatic plate cameras wouldn't work in (or near) California because when someone buys a new car in California, they just have dealer plates at first, until they get the real plates in the mail.
In the UK you can't leave the dealer with your car not having plates on it as you need your registration number to be able to get your car insured and also to pay for your road tax.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the USA, in many states you get a temporaty "plate" which is a piece of paper or at best cardboard to display in the window until the paperwork is complete and you have received the new plates by mail. In MN, our DMV recently went through a disasterous computer "upgrade" and the paperwork (and hence permanent plates) for many people were delayed for a very very long time. It's still a big mess.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Chewie
I may or may not be one of those folks who park on pooks hill road
Totally makes sense, it was like $17 for not a super urban location. I was there only one night, and arrived late, and the rolling was easier for the lot, so I ponied up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.