Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

La Caserne Chanzy Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection - Reims, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Caserne Chanzy Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection - Reims, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Category 6. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

"Choosing to stay at La Caserne Chanzy is choosing a unique experience. Why? Because this hotel offers an unparalleled look at Champagne, both the region and the drink. Legends, curiosities, life underground... a chance to experience the story of Reims through different eyes found only in the margins of official histories. What's more, there's the location, a former fire station, a picturesque piece of local heritage whose spirit can still be felt in the walls. This building is the beating heart of a town where everything happens. An address which brings everyone together. The sense of immersion is immediate, sophisticated, cultural, and culinary in a land of fantasy, the art of living, and memory. Finally, it is a unique point of view looking at one of the world's most beautiful cathedrals. Located just in front, it is perfect for private reflection at a moment's notice, a pleasure for the eyes. A hotel where everything is a surprise to be discovered from the walls to the furniture, from the menu to the spa."

Looks like some rooms face the cathedral. Really looking forward to the first trip report.

Opening July '19.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:15 pm
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Anyone have any intel on this property? Was hoping to stay here in early August but it doesn't appear to be available for booking yet. Property's website is nothing much either: La Caserne Chanzy ? Hôtel & Spa

I suppose I could call but I have zero faith in Marriott to know what's going on with anything anymore.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Anyone have any intel on this property? Was hoping to stay here in early August but it doesn't appear to be available for booking yet. Property's website is nothing much either: La Caserne Chanzy ? Hôtel & Spa

I suppose I could call but I have zero faith in Marriott to know what's going on with anything anymore.
As a follow-up, I heard from the property in late June and was offered, by email, a King room with a cathedral view for 250 euro, which I agreed to. Then, in mid-July, the property reached out to let me know that it wouldn't be open in time for my early August booking after all.

Ended up at the BW Hotel de la Paix, which we found very mediocre for the price (basic rooms were 135, we paid 202 for a King room) -- but very centrally located (which we preferred, even though we would have liked to stay some place more upmarket like Assiette La Champenoise or Domaine Les Crayeres).

We did walk by the Caserne Chanzy (it's hard to miss, it's really well located right in front of the cathedral) and it looked fine, if uninspired in design. Would definitely try it if we take another trip through Reims.

Side note: the "aromatically yours" tasting at Veuve Clicquot is well worth the extra over the basic tour -- tastings included the '89 brut and '90 rose, and were done down in one of the crayeres, paired with excellent new and aged cheeses.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Has anybody stayed here in the meantime?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Also curious
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta SM
Me too! Planning on going for my birthday in October.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:31 am

any recent stays?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have booked for a 2-night stay in November, used two 35K nights. Would be interested to hear from those who have already stayed. Am Titanium.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
We just booked two nights at the La Caserne Hotel for next month. I haven't been able to find much on this property (hence how I found this thread), so I'm looking forward to checking it out and doing a quick review on it. Bonvoy Titanium so we'll see if that gets us upgraded from a basic room to Cathedral facing room. It seems like Titanium upgrades really vary by hotel brand; even more so within the Autograph Collection but I'm staying optimistic!
amolkold likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Stayed there last weekend for 3 nights, booked 2 standard rooms as platinum and both rooms were upgraded to cathedral view. Breakfast was included for one room. Rooms are quite nice, but rather small. Breakfast was ok, except of the coffee from a selfservice automatic machine. So far so good.

without the misleading Information on the hotel / marriott website an a more professional service it could have been a nice stay.

According to their website, they offer onsite parking with valet service for 25€ per night. We booked parking for 3 nights in advance.
In reality the hotel is in a pedestrian zone, you cannot go there by car, They give you an adress 100 m away from the hotel, where you can stop and call the Reception, thensomeone will come and drive your car to an offsite parking lot 5 minutes away.
While the valet guy is wearing a raincoat during heavy rain, they don‘t even offer you an umbralla while schlepping your luggage to reception.

The so called valet service is not available all the time.
Due to a delay of his TGV train, a friend missed the last train from Paris to Reims, fortunately there was another train to Epernay, but we had to pick him up.
When we asked for our car at 10:30 pm, we were told that there is no one who can get us the car, we were given a map, where we can find the car.
After a 5 minute walk we reached the car, then you have to call reception, that they open the poles of the parking lot.

when we returned after midnight, called reception to open the parking lot, we realized, that parking was completely full.
After several hours of travel our friend was quite hungry, and asked the receptionist about the room service menu. Their website says 24h room service. He was told, that they don’t offer room service, restaurant is already closed and there is nothing that they can do for him.

​​​​​​​
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I have to say I was happy with our choice of an AirBnB about 100 meters from the hotel, the hotel was sold out when we were going to stay there. The AirBnB had views of the cathedral and there was free parking...
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Checked in yesterday, overall positive experience. We took the train from Paris and walked to the hotel from the Reims central train station. Upgraded to 4th floor skyline view of the cathedral it’s called a “junior suite” but the size is like a normal US room. Received glasses of champagne as a welcome gift. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is good (basic hot items and cold buffet). Location is very central. We had an issue with something in our bathroom which was promptly resolved within 15 minutes of letting the reception know. Overall great use of my category 1-5 certificates.
ast and miles4CDG like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: AC*G; BD*G; CX; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diam
For those making the champagne pilgrimage and looking to stay overnight, I would argue that this is one of the more elegant accommodations in Reims.

The hotel is located in a pedestrian zone and is directly opposite the Reims Cathedral; which apparently were where many French kings were coronated. As an autograph collection hotel, the property is beautiful and classy, uniquely different from the mainstream Marriotts and Westins that we are so used to seeing.

The limited footprint of the hotel meant F&B options were limited (main dining option onsite is the La Grande Georgette and many great options within 10 mins walk) and everything was of high quality. Think Prince Gallery in Tokyo or some of the international Ritzs. It's possible to dine on the patio outside the hotel, and while it was busy all day, we were able to grab seats fairly quickly. Naturally, champagne was poured at many tables!

At check in, we were offered a couple of tokens that could be redeemed for champagne (or any other drink you wish). Not sure if this was for elites but did see some other guests with the same tokens. Front desk staff (and all others we encountered) were friendly and helpful, and spoke English well.

There's no gym on site that I am aware of but the spa was good.

We ended up in a room on the top floor, staying in a duplex suite and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The unit is immaculate and well appointed, with a sitting area and half bathroom on the main floor. The bedroom, a full bathroom, and walkout patio were upstairs. Do note that these rooms did not seem to be air conditioned and there was a fan in room to help cool the room. Furthermore, they will not have a full view of the cathedral anywhere in the room or patio. Despite that, we loved the space and layout, and the extra space was appreciated since we were both working remotely. Wifi was strong throughout the property.

Lastly, there are many champagne houses that are open for visits. A few of big names and some boutique ones are available for cave tours and I highly recommend the one at Ruinart. Great sensory experience learning about the local area, the drink itself, and so much more. It does come with a couple of glasses at the end of the tour too!
miles4CDG and Biggie Fries like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just finished a one night stay here, hotel was fully booked, so only an upgrade from queen to king sized bed, courtyard view room. Still a very nice room, with a very comfortable bed.
Two free glasses of champagne on check-in, a 10 euro f/b voucher and free breakfast as a platinum member. We had dinner at a restaurant nearby, and some drinks a the champagne shop that is attached to the hotel, really good value!

I reached out to the concierge team a few weeks before our stay, and they made us a booking for a tour at Ruinart. Which was truly excellent, and good value as well, with two drink tasting included (glass of normal Ruinart and a glass of Dom Ruinart).

We'll definitely be back!
miles4CDG likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:59 am

I really enjoyed my stay here as well. Upgraded to a duplex suite which was amazing and got early 8am check in.
thomas199023 and miles4CDG like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.