How to Use Your24 Benefit

Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
A sham is not a scam — it is ill-informed to mix one concept with the other. As to whether the benefit was effective in bygone times, and although individual experiences do differ, most probably it all comes to the romanticization and mystification of Ol’ SPG that nowadays is so much en vogue on this forum.
More of a typo, actually I don’t really think it’s helpful to attempt to move this into another SPG sucked thread - clearly a number of us used Your24 benefits extensively and now we cannot, despite them effectively having been elevated to be the one benefit only made available to top tier customers. It’s not unreasonable to expect people to bemoan this on an Internet forum about the programme.
UA-NYC and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by weld3z
Use the 24 benefits 3 times with success one was checking in at 8AM at London busy property .
Never talk to the concierge just at the hotel receipton !
If you were talking to the hotel reception that’s just early check-in, not Your24. Most hotels will of course make it possible whenever they can, but has nothing to do with the Bonvoy programme.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I believe the formal rule is that you need to make the Y24 request at least 2 days before the stay starts.

I made my first (and only) Y24 request 3 days before my stay by calling the generic ambassador line and it was handled without an issue. I was a little surprised because it was at a hotel that had, on multiple occasions, denied me late checkout. However, my Y24 was rather “mild”. I had a reservation for Tuesday through Thursday nights, and wanted to check in at 10am Wednesday and out at 10pm Friday.
EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
A sham is not a scam — it is ill-informed to mix one concept with the other. As to whether the benefit was effective in bygone times, and although individual experiences do differ, most probably it all comes to the romanticization and mystification of Ol’ SPG that nowadays is so much en vogue on this forum.
Well, my wife who has long thought I am nuts to spend so much time on hotel loyalty programs (just book a suite and breakfast regardless of chain, she says) suddenly said to me this afternoon while sitting in a Hyatt after 12 nights staying with me this year at Marriotts...

"Things were really better at Starwood, weren't they?"

​​​​Then she continued, "I'm mad at Marriott. You spent so much time and money with Starwood, now look how they treat you."

​​​​Your24? No idea how to request.

Last edited by SHLTP; Apr 14, 2019 at 4:27 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

More of a typo, actually I don’t really think it’s helpful to attempt to move this into another SPG sucked thread - clearly a number of us used Your24 benefits extensively and now we cannot, despite them effectively having been elevated to be the one benefit only made available to top tier customers. It’s not unreasonable to expect people to bemoan this on an Internet forum about the programme.
I am the first to bemoan Y24 on this forum, as it continues to be the sham it was during SPG times (at least since, very early in the program’s inception, properties learned how to sidetrack it with “projected occupancies”). What I was talking about—rather off-topically, I admit—is that nowadays everything seems to be a childish argument of “Bonvoy does XYZ bad, remember how SPG did XYZ brilliantly, spotlessly and how wonderful it was back then”. It’s just selective memorization only to try to prove a point, while that same point could be proved without the need to imprint any fake memories. And I say this coming from the SPG side and never once being to a Marriott before the merger. SPG was a great program, and I liked it a lot, as I like Bonvoy now. But SPG had tremendous service and deliverance issues, not unlike Bonvoy does now. Specifically relating to Y24, I had to open a few tickets because of recalcitrant properties with bogus denials (at least on one occasion I had my Y24 request turned down but was offered a paid late check-out option for the exact same timetable) and SPG always stood by them, saying it was the properties’ call and there was nothing they could, or wanted to, do.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
In addition to having to call Ambassador to request, it is not at all a guaranteed benefit. Hotel can deny it without any particular reason.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:39 am

[Removed quote from removed post]

Regardless of the accuracy or otherwise of that, the point remains that Your24 was highly variable under SPG, just as it is now. I had some epic fails under the former SPG system and some notable successes under Marriott, but I’m not making any definitive judgements until there’s more data ( by which time I will have been unceremoniously booted out for lack of spend, making it moot).

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 16, 2019 at 4:45 am Reason: Removed quote from removed post
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:49 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've had to remove a few posts that were off-topic and directed to specific FT members. Please keep all posts concerning Marriott, its hotels, and its Bonvoy program and not about other FT members.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Yep, just tried to book a Your 24 stay with the elite line at Marriott and they say I have to ask my nearly non-existent Ambassador. Since the stay is for Wednesday then not much chance. In SPG was much easier as the request went in if you requested an early check in time.

Yet more confirmation that staying with Hilton or any other hotel chain other than Marriott is a good decision (and I am Ambassador this year and Life time Titanium with no desire what so ever to stay with Marriott - and since the merger last August I have clocked up 11 nights)
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Yep, just tried to book a Your 24 stay with the elite line at Marriott and they say I have to ask my nearly non-existent Ambassador. Since the stay is for Wednesday then not much chance. In SPG was much easier as the request went in if you requested an early check in time.

Yet more confirmation that staying with Hilton or any other hotel chain other than Marriott is a good decision (and I am Ambassador this year and Life time Titanium with no desire what so ever to stay with Marriott - and since the merger last August I have clocked up 11 nights)
If you can reach the Ambassador 24/7 team, they should be able to submit a Your24 request for you. AFAIK it doesn't need to be your own personal assigned Ambassador.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you can reach the Ambassador 24/7 team, they should be able to submit a Your24 request for you. AFAIK it doesn't need to be your own personal assigned Ambassador.
I have put in the request to both "my" Ambassador and the 24/7 team - if by some miracle I get a reply and if by another miracle it is approved I will let you know (perhaps as I am submitting my request on Easter Monday my chances of a miracle are "enhanced" :-))
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:15 am

Good point - my Ambassador came back to me and got it all sorted once I made the reservation.
Bad point - not a peep out of the 24/7 people
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Good point - my Ambassador came back to me and got it all sorted once I made the reservation.
Bad point - not a peep out of the 24/7 people
Could the 24/7 team have seen that your own Ambassador was handling the request?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Wow, a lot of negative reactions about Ambassadors. While mine does not seem to know all of the rules, I am glad she responds to me in a somewhat timely manner.

As for YOUR24. 3 attempts. 1 immediate success, 1 success after 2nd 3rd and 4th request to Ambassador (hotel was not responding so she finally called the Rooms Director at the hotel), and 1 sorry we can't do Y24.

I got the benefit via merger as a Marriott member. Do not know what Y24 was like in Starwood world.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sorry I'm late to this, but I was just looking for how Marriott is executing this (or not).

Some of this perplexes me. The 'old' Your24, allowed you to make the request in your reservation. I received email notifications of my requests, it showed in my res online and I received confirmations when it was accepted or notifications when it was not approved.

Three years of flying to CA and arriving at the hotel at 9am, it was quite nice to have my room waiting. Also, several times, they gave me a temp room until my room was ready (which I believe was a benefit if your request was approved).

The best use was flying to Buenos Aires, arriving at 8am (room ready) and checking out at 8pm

SPG had a pretty transparent process (it was in the res, you received and acceptance or rejection) but Marriott has decided to make it a black box process.

Finally, my Ambassador told me selecting Your24 limited UG possibilities so pick which is more important to receive.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.