Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's targeted "Surprise and Delight" promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's targeted "Surprise and Delight" promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ac/elite
My last reward stay was on Sept 23rd and I didn't receive any letter or suggestion I'd be getting points. Today, my account was credited with 60,000 points as "2019 Elite Thank You Gift". Would this be a Suprise and Delight where the hotel just forgot to put the letter in my room?

That is exactly how mine coded.

Perhaps they are taking “Surprise” up a notch.

Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ac/elite
My last reward stay was on Sept 23rd and I didn't receive any letter or suggestion I'd be getting points. Today, my account was credited with 60,000 points as "2019 Elite Thank You Gift". Would this be a Suprise and Delight where the hotel just forgot to put the letter in my room?
Sounds like someone messed up. You should also have received an email from your Ambassador.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
how come i never get anything like this? i wonder if it's because i have been booked for the year since april and they have no reason to offer me anything.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dunno282
how come i never get anything like this? i wonder if it's because i have been booked for the year since april and they have no reason to offer me anything.
Are you making points reservations? That seems to be what triggers the bonus.

See post #1 . "... only if they booked award stays"
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Are you making points reservations? That seems to be what triggers the bonus.

See post #1 . "... only if they booked award stays"
i've had multiple points reservations ranging from 50k-60k points from june to october of this year. i don't think marriott likes me lol
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:36 am

Does anyone know how long it takes for these points to post? It's been over a week since my stay ended and I got the letter.

I would rather the points that the cheese board.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Does anyone know how long it takes for these points to post? It's been over a week since my stay ended and I got the letter.

I would rather the points that the cheese board.
I got the letter at check in on July 28, checked out on July 30 and the points deposit is dated July 30, but no idea if that's when they actually posted.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
i've had multiple points reservations ranging from 50k-60k points from june to october of this year. i don't think marriott likes me lol
Welcome to the Club. I burnt through all my points in the promotion period.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:12 am

I got my surprise and delight bonus on a BRG paid stay.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:20 am

I got the letter at check in on July 28, checked out on July 30 and the points deposit is dated July 30, but no idea if that's when they actually posted.
I was thinking about complaining if I didn't get it within 30 days, thoughts? Should I do it sooner?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
I was thinking about complaining if I didn't get it within 30 days, thoughts? Should I do it sooner?
Since it's an Ambassador gift, I would follow up with my Ambassador. Tell him/her that others you know got the points in 2 days.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Yes
Since it's an Ambassador gift, I would follow up with my Ambassador. Tell him/her that others you know got the points in 2 days.
this is good advice, though I routinely get the “we have to allow 10 business days for things to post” answer from the Ambassador team

It’s infuriating and a rather insulting level of service for the tier.

i hope you get your points!

Last edited by anteater; Nov 30, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
was surprised by my ambassador yesterday & delighted to receive the 60k points on the same day....^^
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.