Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to identify a Vistana resort?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
We stayed at the Sheraton Steamboat last weekend and they never mentioned the whole Vistana thing once. We did ask for a late checkout and were told that 12:00 was the latest they could do. I was aware that it wasn't a standard Sheraton, but didn't know which benefits they might respect. In the end, we got points for the stay, 1 500 point "make a green choice" bonus and I think the Titanium arrival bonus. They are also renovating the kitchens on the property so there is no food option. Note that if you happen to want to stay at this property the kitchen is closed through January 2020.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Slightly OT, but outside of North America, there are some legacy Starwood hotels located within (and sharing some facilities with) large timeshare developments. It doesn't seem to affect on property benefits (beyond the fact that they're classified as resorts), but people might want to know as the presence of so many time share units does impact the atmosphere and can cause unanticipated crowding.
Not just outside North America. Sheraton Kauai is a perfect example. The buildings on the Mauka side of the road are Vistana (except for a handful of rooms) while the Makai (Beach and Ocean) buildings are not Vistana. That’s per a couple of my angels on property - confirmed a year ago, six months ago and again last week.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:08 am

FYI, the Vistana properties have all recently been removed from the Westin and Sheraton international directories at the main webpage for each chain, westin.marriott.com and sheraton.marriott.com

They're no longer confusingly mixing them in with the conventional hotels, which is good.

If you search specific destinations at the central marriott.com search engine, you'll still see the properties in the search results.

However, their individual pages at marriott.com all now have the logo for "Westin Vacation Club" or "Sheraton Vacation Club" at the top, instead of the normal Westin and Sheraton logos.

The properties also have separate pages at the Vistana.com website.

Here's an example:
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...llas/overview/
https://www.vistana.com/destinations...s-spa/overview
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
Wow, Marriott actually listened to their customers. SHOCKED.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: United, Hawaiian, American, Southwest, Asia Miles, Qantas, Lufthansa, Alaska, Emirates, Delta, Swiss
Can someone offer me some insight? I am a Westin timeshare owner and have significant Starpoints banked for next year and I'm looking for some possibilities for 2024. Does anyone have any experience using Starpoints to book Ritz-Carlton Club, Grand Residences, Marriott Vacation Clubs etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by spirith20
Can someone offer me some insight? I am a Westin timeshare owner and have significant Starpoints banked for next year and I'm looking for some possibilities for 2024. Does anyone have any experience using Starpoints to book Ritz-Carlton Club, Grand Residences, Marriott Vacation Clubs etc.

Thanks in advance.
Banked SOs won't work - - You have to convert an eligible VOI to Abound points to book the non Vistana properties...
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by SouthernCanada
Wow, Marriott actually listened to their customers. SHOCKED.
I think the issue is more about preventing Vistana stays from qualifying for certain promos. For several years before the change but after the merger, Westin and Sheraton timeshare stays would often earn bonuses available from the different promotions that Marriott would offer. Think the 2X elite nights or x number of points after a certain number of nights or stays. Marriott Vacation Club stays didn't qualify for them unless you paid cash and booked through marriott.com. Marriott owners on Marriott stays didn't qualify. However, the previous branding may have made it hard for them to exclude Westin and Sheraton timeshare owner stays. This change probably fixes that.
SPN Lifer and Phillbsb1979 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.