Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Ritz-Carlton in the World -- what are your favorites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Ritz-Carlton in the World -- what are your favorites?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:19 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would doubt that. As we do 100V in Japan....
Exactly, so seeing 110V would be extra special and extra juicy!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I was there in Feb., so unless they've done something to the place since then...
I was just at the RC NOLA and the regular guest rooms are very tired. I was told that the renovations are beginning in May and will continue through November. Club rooms were also a little tired, but were much better maintained than the regular rooms.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I was just at the RC NOLA and the regular guest rooms are very tired. I was told that the renovations are beginning in May and will continue through November. Club rooms were also a little tired, but were much better maintained than the regular rooms.
Well, I will give them another shot post-reno then I suppose.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by svo242
Curious to hear what you thought of Ritz Key Biscayne? Not sure how it would compare to St. Regis Bal Harbour.
Full disclosure it has been YEARS since I stayed at the RC Key Biscayne, like possibly since before the RC South Beach opened, but I remember the rooms being nice, the restaurants being very good, a nice bar and a pleasant overall product.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Al Bustan Palace, Muscat, for me.

Stunning building and grounds.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The RC HK and RC Pudong are both nice hotels, but are poorly located.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by moondog
The RC HK...poorly located.
Those views tho!!!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by zagguru
Going to RC Grand Cayman soon. Hoping to report back good news
Just finished a stay here. Really blew away the other RC experiences we've had. One of my favorite spots in the Caribbean.
svo242 and Ttrigger10 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Just finished a stay here. Really blew away the other RC experiences we've had. One of my favorite spots in the Caribbean.
Really? Do you mind writing a short review? Were you platinum? If so, what was the recognition and benefits like? anything you can share would be great.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I loved the RC Tokyo. Will be staying at the RC Kyoto for the first time this month and expect to love it as well.

RC Osaka is good but stuffy. It does not compare to RC Tokyo.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona 15 years ago and just stayed there again this month and loved it as much as we did the first time. It’s a beautiful hotel in an excellent location (both times our room looked out over the Gehry sculpture and the water). The staff is top notch- very professional but friendly too. The rooms are spacious and well designed.

We have very limited experience at Ritz Hotels but we’ve never been particularly impressed. Except for this one.
Add my vote for the Hotel Arts. Stay there once a year and the service never disappoints. The whole staff subscribe to the surprise and delight school of hotel management.
damon88 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:19 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I just checked in to the Ritz-Carlton Langkawi and it's already a clear winner in my books. My a mile. No comparison. Full review to follow.

This place beats the Maldives I think, at a fraction of the cost.
EuropeanPete and Akkku like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:38 am

I like Ritz Carlton Sanya & Hong Kong
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:53 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sdix
Add my vote for the Hotel Arts. Stay there once a year and the service never disappoints. The whole staff subscribe to the surprise and delight school of hotel management.

Case in point !
C17PSGR, Violin1990 and VCURamFan like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:30 am

RC Phulay Bay

We had a great time here. It’s the biggest bed we’ve ever seen! They make it both directions- once in the morning and once in the evening- funny! Huge lotus tub that the butler draws for you with flower petals, great views, huge pool, excellent seafood restaurant and chef, spa was great, car service from Krabi. We’ll go back sometime for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.