Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Ritz-Carlton in the World -- what are your favorites?

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G

I'm curious to learn what the hive-mind thinks the very best the Ritz-Carlton brand has to offer. What's the amazing, the great, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

---

Ritz-Carlton is not my favorite brand and I've been actively avoiding them. That said, I've stayed at a few and visited a half-dozen more. I'm not ready to name a favorite yet, as the ones in which I've stayed have been lackluster (Maui, Half-moon bay). Some of the ones I've visited did seem quite nice: Hong Kong, Shanghai. Some seemed more forgettable: e.g. San Francisco.

I'll been staying at the Ritz Langkawi shortly, hopefully that becomes a contender for best.

---

Other threads:
- W: Best W in the World -- what are your favorites?
- Le Méridien: Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide
- St. Regis: Favorite St. Regis worldwide?
- Luxury Collection: Best Luxury Collection hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Tribute Portfolio: Best Tribute Portfolio hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Four Points: Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Westin: Best Westin in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Sheraton: Best Sheraton in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Design Hotels: Best Design Hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Aloft: Best Aloft in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Renaissance: Best Renaissance in the World -- what are your favorites?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
RC Ras Al Khaimah Al Hamra Beach
The good : the staff are very helpful, and the resort is very unique.
The bad : location is not very close to anything.
the ugly : none i guess
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:16 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona 15 years ago and just stayed there again this month and loved it as much as we did the first time. It’s a beautiful hotel in an excellent location (both times our room looked out over the Gehry sculpture and the water). The staff is top notch- very professional but friendly too. The rooms are spacious and well designed.

We have very limited experience at Ritz Hotels but we’ve never been particularly impressed. Except for this one.
Zhaunk likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by damon88
We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona 15 years ago and just stayed there again this month and loved it as much as we did the first time. It’s a beautiful hotel in an excellent location (both times our room looked out over the Gehry sculpture and the water). The staff is top notch- very professional but friendly too. The rooms are spacious and well designed.
I'll add my vote. Full disclosure: I stayed on the Club Level.
Zhaunk likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Ritz-Carlton Kyoto is great. Elite treatment is above and beyond brand standard too, with breakfast for platinum members and above. The activities they offer are great, and many are complimentary even when they include transport by car. I'm personally a huge fan of Suiran Kyoto having stayed there three times and having received great upgrades for all of them, but the hard product of the standard room at the RC is equal or better than Suiran's deluxe room which is two categories above the standard room.
Violin1990 and msp3 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
The view and the club level in Hong Kong top my list. There are Ritz's with rooms/decor I much prefer, but Hong Kong's lounge is amazing, and the views in the hotel (especially harbor view rooms) are something no other property in the world can offer.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
Ritz dove mountain - truly outstanding service - they go out of their way to make your stay worthwhile. The hard product is a bit dated but they more than make it up with the service. Heard recently that they did renovations so it should be good now.

Ritz NOLA - club level is truly out of the world. The room is too good as well. I met Will Smith there as well so the stay was extra special.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Ritz-Carlton Kyoto for me.

actually most locations outside US are quite good.
schley, kkl, Violin1990 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Ritz-Carlton Kyoto for me.

actually most locations outside US are quite good.
For me Kyoto as well. Though pricing during Sakura season was beyond ridiculous (asked my Amex centurion agent to get us a room short notice without asking how much it will be...)
Violin1990 and Dreamlifter like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I'll second the club level experience in Hong Kong, and not far behind if even behind that I will put club level at the Ritz Carlton Moscow. Both offer an incredible level of service and personal touch to the stay.

RC Pudong is often mentioned in the same breath as Hong Kong, it is a nice property but I feel the service falls far behind Hong Kong.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by helvetic
I'm curious to learn what the hive-mind thinks the very best the Ritz-Carlton brand has to offer. What's the amazing, the great, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

---

Ritz-Carlton is not my favorite brand and I've been actively avoiding them. That said, I've stayed at a few and visited a half-dozen more. I'm not ready to name a favorite yet, as the ones in which I've stayed have been lackluster (Maui, Half-moon bay). Some of the ones I've visited did seem quite nice: Hong Kong, Shanghai. Some seemed more forgettable: e.g. San Francisco.

I'll been staying at the Ritz Langkawi shortly, hopefully that becomes a contender for best.

---

Other threads:
- W: Best W in the World -- what are your favorites?
- Le Méridien: Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide
- St. Regis: Favorite St. Regis worldwide?
- Luxury Collection: Best Luxury Collection hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Tribute Portfolio: Best Tribute Portfolio hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Four Points: Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Westin: Best Westin in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Sheraton: Best Sheraton in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Design Hotels: Best Design Hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Aloft: Best Aloft in the world -- what are your favorites?
- Renaissance: Best Renaissance in the World -- what are your favorites?
Wow helvitic I didn't know what a passion this would spark in you when I posted the St. Regis thread a couple years ago. In future years, create a voting thread to vote on those listed in previous years as it will be clear, since you aren't tabulating the results now it would be useful.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:44 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I wouldn't consider it the best, however I was very surprised at the RC Sarasota. It's a solid property, but also has an entirely separate RC beach club a few Km away with full RC service. The suites are elegant, the service fantastic and the club lounge exceptional.

We didn't enjoy Bali, but the Cliff Villa was fantastic. The Club Lounge was its own villa and the Ladies who work there were some of the best hotel staff we have ever encountered.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:40 am

Going to RC Grand Cayman soon. Hoping to report back good news
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:49 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by schley
Wow helvitic I didn't know what a passion this would spark in you when I posted the St. Regis thread a couple years ago. In future years, create a voting thread to vote on those listed in previous years as it will be clear, since you aren't tabulating the results now it would be useful.
Haha, I had actually started the very first one for Ws. Ahead of you by 3 days

A poll is a good idea, though I don't think I know how to do that.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
any club level. DC: made pillow cases embroidered with my name

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.