Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

3 different cancellation deadlines...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

I booked a SPG hotel last year before the merge. Email says cancel 2 days before. Now the same reservation on Marriott.com says 14 days. Here's the best part - if I click on the "cancellation policy" right beneath the "14 days", the popup says 7 days.

Any idea which is true?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
.............Email says cancel 2 days before........Any idea which is true?
2 days. Rate Plan changed but your cancellation deadline, as booked, should be valid for your booking. Be sure to save confirmation email.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WARNING - Discrepancy in Cancellation Policy found on the same reservation

Calling for the Lurkers attention - WHY Marriott site shows different cancellation policy on the same reservation? Just HOW the guest could know for sure WHICH Cancellation Policy is the one that governs?!

I always check Rate Details on any reservation to learn about the Cancellation Policy, as I dont want to be trapped by some unusual conditions as several posters have shown that could be the case.

This is Marriott IAH for a stay in October.

The Cancellation Policy in the Rate Details is

Cancelling Your Reservation
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 20, 2019 (2 day[s] before arrival).
  • Please note that we will assess a fee if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
The Cancellation Condition on the Reservation Screen is

Redemption

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.