Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Plat downgrade to Lifetime Gold - Useless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Plat downgrade to Lifetime Gold - Useless

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Hilarious thread. Love it!!
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Once upon a time, long ago in a land far far away.......
It is strange, Marriott used to fix stuff like what the OP wrote without much issue, other things they were and still are incapable of fixing.

Judging from Flyertalk it seems that Marriott is now unable to even fix issues like what the OP wrote of, sad.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Hope the OP takes some od the advice in this thread and reports back
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards - gone
Now that is a good answer...the Lurkers can read here and i dont know them so I will keep this public until resolved....in the meantime after 37 years in the program i guess I need to try some other options. I could go back to IHG ..as they have places in Asia that were good 10 years ago...would you recommend them ? I could go back to IHG as they keep asking me ? What do you think ? i remember I used Intercontinental in Singapore, Sydney, HK, Bangkok, KL etc and they were ok as I was a RA. Thanks for your input.....so I can move forward. I like the idea of someone reviewing my res in advance and making sure I will be treated well...that is not what the gold status does ....as there are no benefits so they dont even bother in advance that I can tell.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Now that somebody said It I did get a letter from Bill Marriott thanking me and saying lifetime and have been platinum ever since until just last week...then life time gold as can be seen in my account lifetime gold........but you can see from my past stays 22 in last 24 months as far back as they go all have been posted with the platinum bonus.....i justr stayed at JW Macau and Coutrtyard Marriott Shatin and then 2 Nights Rennisance Harbour view...all understood and made efforts to honor..so good on em while the Bonvoy guys are silent and I remain Gold.....so have to ask and then i feel like an idiot ..therefore I have started cancelling my nights as scheduled until this is resolved..and I sent notes to everybody sugested so i guess give them time.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Yes I joined as an original member so far back as it goes and yes I did get a thank you email for 33 years in early 2016 so I stand corrected 36+ Years we are together sorting this out...and thanks so much for the old threads from 2005 ...I have known Randy P since this site was opened from San Francisco so I have no need to make up stories....
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Yes it does ... it was 250 nights + 1.2M points
thats right I had well over a Million and got 250,000 for a marriott vacations package as well.....so I know the nights and stays are not minimal...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmersh
My wife was granted like another poster Lifetime Platinum Status back in 2004 (iirc) for being an original member. Since that point she has more than qualified for Lifetime Platinum status and while there was some "funkyness" early on, she is now a Lifetime Titanium and has been for some time.

Personally I would reach out to Marriott and get it fixed, generally they are fairly good at getting issues like that fixed.
What kind of funkyness thats what I feel as well...should be Titanium per the emails and updates I have been getting for last 6 months I have sent bnotes and lets see how it goes...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

reached out said be patient i am cancelling nights on a daily basis....nothing else to do but be patient no response other then be patient....so I am just saving money by not using the Marriott. Hope they solve soon or will cancel a week on Bali...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:44 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by Mrittmayer1
Now that is a good answer...the Lurkers can read here and i dont know them so I will keep this public until resolved....in the meantime after 37 years in the program i guess I need to try some other options. I could go back to IHG ..as they have places in Asia that were good 10 years ago...would you recommend them ? I could go back to IHG as they keep asking me ? What do you think ? i remember I used Intercontinental in Singapore, Sydney, HK, Bangkok, KL etc and they were ok as I was a RA. Thanks for your input.....so I can move forward. I like the idea of someone reviewing my res in advance and making sure I will be treated well...that is not what the gold status does ....as there are no benefits so they dont even bother in advance that I can tell.
If you are not even willing to send them a private message to share your side of things, I would not expect any action on their part. They do not even know your name or account information.

The Lurkers are very good at resolving issues for FT members but usually only when we reach out to them privately. They get enough requests privately that I sincerely doubt they will take the time to deal with an issue with such little information; especially when the member does not want to take any initiative to get them information to research.
SanDiego1K and margarita girl like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
there are thousands of members who stay your lifetime total maybe every 13-14 months, and do so over and over again.
God, I hope that is not true. And if it is, I feel sorry for those people.
nequine likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:22 am
Original Poster

What are you talking about of course I gave them all information in a private mesaage and they said they would get working on it ...well i am still waiting and as I said will keep it public until resolved...where does it say I didnt make a private note....do you work for bonvoy or what or what? and for people that stay over 350 nights in 13 months it menas they live in the hotel...as how many day in a year ? and remember as platinum i dont have a minimum and when you used points before you did not get night credits thats for sure.... I Now have 377 Nights and still show as lifetime gold after downgrade...I will cancel or move reservations until resolved....and just missed credit for another stay at the marriott in Shatin 2 sundays ago.....and the deposit still not returned to my credit card after the bill was paid...Inoemally dont watch at this level but since I am on the lookut per the lurkers it seems they are missing all sorts of things...it really cant be just me....?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
My non expert opinion is that you need a xanax... Sounds like you are in the right but your anger and bitterness over something as small as a free breakfast and **possibly** a better room assignment is astounding. Lots (probably millions) of people have had similar or worse issues in this merger/integration and surprisingly they have survived. Coming on here and threatening to move your nights is silly, why would we care?. Move them or quit crying about it. Sometimes patience is what is actually needed...even though it isn't fun. Sometimes voting with your wallet is the right way to go as well. I had an issue that started on 08/17/18 and wasn't resolved until mid February... I did 135 nights in 2018. I've done 7 this year and 6 of them are after the fix I needed. I may or may not get to 100 this year because of it but it was worth it to me to get the resolution I wanted.

Years ago I was in Kelowna, BC trying to fly home through Seattle... Somehow I found myself without a passport or Birth Certificate and the Alaska rep wasn't going to let me board the plane. My traveling companion started to berate this gal who was probably making just over minimum wage. I told him to shut the F*#$ up and leave her alone. Eventually I got on that plane. If you have treated the CS people at Marriott in the same manner you have used your words here it's no wonder your "problem" hasn't been solved.

Treating people with kindness will always get you further in the long run than arrogance and condescencion.
DFWsakp and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mrittmayer1
What are you talking about of course I gave them all information in a private mesaage and they said they would get working on it ...
Have you considered they have other higher priority items and they'll get to it when they can?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:16 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Have you considered they have other higher priority items and they'll get to it when they can?
The OP has been in touch and his issue is important to us. However, we are not in a position to research what has happened here, so that has been passed along to the proper team for their review. Out of respect for his desire to have this resolved in a timely manner, the OP was advised that this might be a lengthy process and we have no time frame to reference.

So, if he chooses to come back daily to Flyertalk to remind everyone that his issue remains unresolved, then that is his prerogative. But, it isn't going to serve to shorten the time necessary for the research to be completed as that is entirely out of our hands.
CPRich, bosman, dayone and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.