Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Elite Upgrades Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Elite Upgrades Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:00 pm

I am a bonvoy member and I get zero!

Last edited by Centurion; Oct 12, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Centurion
I am a bonvoy member and I get zero!
You joined a free program and have gotten zero upgrades to suites? Um, ok.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:40 pm

Do I really have to write sarcasm intended?
Originally Posted by Adam1222
You joined a free program and have gotten zero upgrades to suites? Um, ok.
Lurch, Tanic, TravisMT81 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Centurion
Do I really have to write sarcasm intended?
Yes. Given that the OP is apparently serious!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
LX is also refusing to upgrade me from J to F for free. Flight is in December, and there are several empty F seats. I'm Star Gold. How can this even be legal?
Wait!! The Upgrade Police are on the way…
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Posts like these make me start to understand the CEO's comments.... unfortunately, I think obtuse entitlement is more the norm than we FTers might think. Just look at the TripAdvisor reviewers who have "been Gold for years" complaining about not getting suite upgrades...
SPN Lifer and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
As a lifetime Titanium i can vouch for this "If you are frequent guest at a certain property, the front desk manager may pre-upgrade you, assuming chances are low that they will sell those suites" in other situations it's very hit or miss ...
Ghoulish likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
...Provided it's a room or suite which the hotel has identified as being eligible for upgrades. Gotta keep watching the downgrading of the T&Cs...
These kind of "downgrades" makes Bonvoy have poor value.

After promoting the elite benefits heavily, they make those benefit available on available basis (like elite upgrades your24, and even point redemption) they further degrade it with these silly t&c
Pretty much give the hotel blank cheque to deny elites any sort of meaningful upgrades.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Have you tried being pleasant instead of being entitled?
EricH and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by pbr6891
As a lifetime Titanium i can vouch for this "If you are frequent guest at a certain property, the front desk manager may pre-upgrade you, assuming chances are low that they will sell those suites" in other situations it's very hit or miss ...
Nothing beats cash.
Even if you are a very frequent (talking about more than 10 stays/ year) ambassador guest.
Ghoulish likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Have you tried being pleasant instead of being entitled?
This is amazing advice, seriously - I've been very surprised at how some guests treat the amazing service staff across the Dubai properties I've been visiting. Entitlement and rudeness all around - it's like they forget the challenges that these people have faced in their lives. No wonder I keep getting compliments about how nice I am and how amazing I am from the service staff - coming from the US, perhaps, my expectations are lower than others, but I can't handle this much pampering and find, of course, that you get more bees with honey :-)
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
In Europe and Middle East I don't do anything and my app updates w/ my upgraded room two days before check in. 90% success rate.

In the United States my app never shows me an upgrade - either before, during, or after check in.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Duck1981
In Europe and Middle East I don't do anything and my app updates w/ my upgraded room two days before check in. 90% success rate.

In the United States my app never shows me an upgrade - either before, during, or after check in.
Agreed!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
So I am Marriott platinum (soon to be Titanium), I've called reservation and the hotel confirms there are 12x standard suites available and there are many premium suites on their website.

The hotel is refusing an upgrade to a suite as "It is the weekend coming up, we hope to sell those, but we can sell you a suite".

What is the process for this skullduggery?
When is your stay? How far out are you calling to get pre-upgraded to a suite?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Update: it appears OP made a similar complaint about not being upgraded to a suite in advance 8 months ago, and was given the same explanation that he wasn't entitled to any such thing then.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34029756-post40.html
And also 2 years ago: Marriott Elite Upgrades Discussion Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.