Racism in Al Maha Resort?

Old Mar 23, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
And, of course, if you tell us what dates you wish to book and what country you are from, we will be in a better position to give advice or options.
Old Mar 23, 19, 3:12 pm
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Just leave that poor guy alone. He will get over it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 4:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
.......and request RC club lounge access to compensate for the loss of the all inclusive booking? Good luck!
al wadi dont have club, but al maha should cover all lunch and dinner at al wadi since their booking is full board one.
anything less then its not comparable.

Old Mar 23, 19, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post

I can't think of a single country where the inhabitants all look alike and also look like the inhabitants of no other country. What country are you from?
from the usage of 'doubt' in place of 'suspicion/question/hunch' I would guess that OP is from India
msp3 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
Al Maha bookings are all inclusive again after Marriott corporate intervened.
Ah, didn't realize that. I'll update the exec lounge sticky, as I had changed it to say all-inclusive didn't apply to award stays. So will change it back.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
What I want to know is why this thread is even still allowed to be up. A poster accuses a hotel of racism with literally no substance at all, no proof of any racism like an email or actual phone calls, etc... a hotel canceled the reservation. I'm sorry but this happens. It's unfortunate it really is and like somebody else mentioned earlier, call the GM if need be but to allow such an inflammatory title and word like Racism to be front and center in this forum without any evidence to perhaps back the claim up is ridiculous.
C17PSGR, yyzlhr, NoY and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Hello, Everyone

I apologize to use inappropriate word in here, like "Racism". I made a mistake.
I will contact the hotel to find the best way to resolve this problem.
Again, Thanks for your advices and suggestions, have a good weekend.
Old Mar 23, 19, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where is the original post from the OP?

The first post of this thread I see, is from Sharon replying to the OP...

I just checked my PA bookings at this property at beginning of Dec they remain intact. I did not plan to go there until we planned to do a Suez canal crossing that would end at Dubai at beginning of Dec. Then I thought why not? When I booked, the hotel only had 3 days left in Dec but I knew a few weeks before I had looked at it - Dec was available everyday up to the 19th, and then no availability until after 1st week of January.

So I am not sure what the OP meant, about he booked at first date available - for his stay in Dec. If that meant the 11 months out first available date, then there were definitely availability thru the 19th then after Jan 7th. That I could see why OP said the hotel could not have been overbooked at that time.. because it was indeed available on Marriott site.

Now if there was a glitch causing inventory incorrectly listed as available, then I can also understand the cancellation goes by the pecking order of elite status. I dont believe it has anything to do with racism. Given OP's understanding of the English language is not perfect i.e. doubt versus suspect - and these 2 words can be translated into SAME words in Chinese - I suspect OP is Chinese. There would not be any racism towards Chinese because they are the BIG spenders at this resort - tons of Al Maha packages being sold thru booking agents on TaoPao (Alibaba) site for example.
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Where is the original post from the OP?.
OP is a newbie. If he tried to edit the post my understanding it goes off line & to a moderator check. (spam prevention measure)

For newbie's I always quote the post, as not unusual for posts to be edited.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: Bonfire Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
OP is a newbie. If he tried to edit the post my understanding it goes off line & to a moderator check. (spam prevention measure)

For newbie's I always quote the post, as not unusual for posts to be edited.
I'm not sure if he edited, but I read the original post, there weren't much to it. That's why Sharon and I asked for more details.
If he had some grounds to his complaint, the many knowledgeable folks here would definitely stand along with him, it's just sad that there are no grounds to his complaint.
It sounded more of a rant based on a cancelled Points Advance Reservation that wasn't even paid by points yet..
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post 1 is now back in a very edited form. (in the last few minutes)
Thread would be better if the un-edited original post was still here
Happy and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by mynameisnanme View Post
Hello, Everyone

I apologize to use inappropriate word in here, like "Racism". I made a mistake.
I will contact the hotel to find the best way to resolve this problem.
Again, Thanks for your advices and suggestions, have a good weekend.
As a follow up, if you can provide more information on what country you're from and the dates of your trip. we may be able to make suggestions that help you.

Whenever, I have a travel problem, I try to go back with a proposed solution that works for me and is likely to be seen as reasonable. For example, I missed a connection recently, and the airline offered me poor choice so I asked for a specific connection on a partner airline that didn't show up for them as an alternative. They immediately booked me on that trip.

I've learned a lot from FT over the years. But, without more info from you, we can't give productive input.
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by sandyph View Post
from the usage of 'doubt' in place of 'suspicion/question/hunch' I would guess that OP is from India
Interesting. Iíd say most of the staff and mgmt at Al Maha is from India, Pakistan or Philippines.
Old Mar 24, 19, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sandyph View Post
Doubt it. No punk intended. Indians are very good in English especially in writing, due to the education system from the country's modern history (colonial eras in case anyone wonders.)

My guess is Chinese - it can be the same word in Chinese for either Doubt or Suspect.

I also doubt it very much there is Indian language site the OP read about the cancellations similar to his. Chinese sites about Marriott and chain hotels in general? There are tons of them! Take Flyertea, the equivalent of Flyertalk, has a very active Marriott forum.
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:52 pm

How odd! Criticizing OPís pretty baseless claim of racial discrimination apparently violates FTís rule 12, but wild-guessing OPís nationality and ethnicity based on the details of his/her posts and his/her fluency in written English does not. Go figure.
Antarius and nancypants like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: