Wiki Posts
Search

New Bonvoy info card with keys

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Lightbulb New Bonvoy info card with keys

Included with our keys there was a new card with various info sections.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Nice, now if the properties will adopt this, and maybe even add what Welcome Gift was chosen?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:21 am

Ahh nice! Looking forward to getting one next month!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
This is all on the system and on the app... I guess given the state of the IT systems, paper might not be the worst idea.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My understanding is that's the info the FDC puts in the key card holder for the mobile check-in & provides the FDC w/ necessary info. It has more info on it than the card tucked into the mobile check-ins pre-Bonvoy. Not sure it's meant to be handed over to the guest, as really it's a cheat sheet for the FDC But yeah, the more info to the FDC the better!

Cheers.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My understanding is that's the info the FDC puts in the key card holder for the mobile check-in & provides the FDC w/ necessary info. It has more info on it than the card tucked into the mobile check-ins pre-Bonvoy. Not sure it's meant to be handed over to the guest, as really it's a cheat sheet for the FDC But yeah, the more info to the FDC the better!

Cheers.
oh, now that’s funny if it wasn’t supposed to be given out! 😁
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I don't get it. What's the point of having more paper? Aren't we in the mobile/digital age?

-RM
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
LOL @ comments... Marriott: D*md if you do, D*md if you don't.

I have no issues with the paper card that is in my key "package" when I arrive. There was one before this one. I don't know what it looked like. There was one for the years before that one. I don't know what they looked like either.

YMMV
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
You shouldn’t have gotten that. It is to be removed before giving you your key.
JBord and hockeyinsider like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Yep. I have seen those for quite some time. FDC uses it to verify some info on mobile check ins, then is supposed to retain it when handing over the keys.
JBord likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:20 am

Now are those filled out in the morning before guests arrive or they fill them out when you check in?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:52 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
It took seeing it visually to get the secret meaning behind the new Elite designations:

P (i) T A

😉
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Now are those filled out in the morning before guests arrive or they fill them out when you check in?
They are filled out when the mobile check in is processed...before the guest arrives. It is a "shortcut" so the FDC doesn't have to check anything on the computer.

Usually goes like this.

Welcome back, Mr. goodeats21.
Just to confirm, you wish to leave the room charged to the credit card ending in XXXX, and you would like points for your arrival gift?
Then hands over the keys, but keeping the little piece of paper.

I have noticed one frequent hotel where they wait to make the keys active (program the room number) until I arrive, which somewhat slows the process down. I will have to ask them about that sometime when I check in...
JBord likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Room Type "U" (uncircled in this instance) = (Not) Upgraded ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 22, 2019 at 7:23 am
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
They are filled out when the mobile check in is processed...before the guest arrives. It is a "shortcut" so the FDC doesn't have to check anything on the computer.

Usually goes like this.

Welcome back, Mr. goodeats21.
Just to confirm, you wish to leave the room charged to the credit card ending in XXXX, and you would like points for your arrival gift?
Then hands over the keys, but keeping the little piece of paper.

I have noticed one frequent hotel where they wait to make the keys active (program the room number) until I arrive, which somewhat slows the process down. I will have to ask them about that sometime when I check in...

So unless you check in on the mobile app they won't fill that out? I always ask for a upgrade in person and most the time I am granted it since I am ambassador so seems like it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.