Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Marriott properties?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Cheapest Marriott properties?

Need to do a few mattress runs soon. What are the cheapest Marriott hotels in North America (incl US50, MX, Carribean, CA, etc.). I can position myself roughly for free almost anywhere. Also open to South America.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by VXforever
Need to do a few mattress runs soon. What are the cheapest Marriott hotels in North America (incl US50, MX, Carribean, CA, etc.). I can position myself roughly for free almost anywhere. Also open to South America.
Are you able to get to Southeast Asia? You can get $20–$35 per night rates in Indonesia, for example.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VXforever
Generally where nobody wants to go. Which tends to be seasonal. In which case, I'm not sure if it'll help you, since I can't think of anyplace nobody wants to go at this time of year.

Ie, an obvious example is Phoenix in the summertime. But you have to wait months for those rates.

For the nonseasonal best chance, perhaps look for properties buried in business parks that are dead on the weekend. But I don't know if they'll be "absolute" cheapest, they may only be cheapest for that particular area or that particular brand.
RoyalFlush and Dalewood like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Check out the areas you can position yourself for free & determine if there are cheap properties that meet your (whatever it is level) cheap threshold. Those are the places I would pick

Asking an open-ended question like what is the cheapest is a bit silly (IMO) & as a generic comment, not necessarily directed towards the OP. What is cheap? How much to get there? Etc, etc, etc. With no details, a bit hard to provide any valid input.

Cheers.
writerguyfl and arguetaflyer like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any R-C since they refuse to give breakfast and participate in many of the Marriott rewards program benefits

(oh, you meant "most inexpensive properties...?)
cruisr, KRSW, Twickenham and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
Why mattress runs in March?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by superpilot21
Maybe OP is hoping because it's March s/he can find cheap properties & knock out a bunch of stays to help re-qualify for status, especially if s/he doesn't think they'll get it via regular stays.

Cheers.
RoyalFlush and VXforever like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Is this a trick question? Cheap and Marriot...hmmm...
DutchessPDX likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by superpilot21
One would assume OP has lucrative stacked promos or a challenge? I suggest you read through the threads on Mattress running, there are a few gotchas when doing multi-night runs.
KRSW and VXforever like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:59 am

One of our warehouses is in Zhengzhou, China where the properties can go as cheap as $30 a night. (Obviously not in NA, LA, SA, or Carib as the OP wants)

Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Per cheapesthotelintheworld.com the Springhill Suites in Deadwood, SD (usually very cheap during the colder months) and the Four Points in Saltillo, Mexico.

In the DC area, Dulles airport hotel rates are generally cheap across all chains on weekends. I'm seeing $64-67 for March 30-31st.
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
Per cheapesthotelintheworld.com the Springhill Suites in Deadwood, SD (usually very cheap during the colder months) and the Four Points in Saltillo, Mexico.

In the DC area, Dulles airport hotel rates are generally cheap across all chains on weekends. I'm seeing $64-67 for March 30-31st.
Yup.. Springhill in Deadwood has several nights at $37 end of Mar, beginning of April. I did 4 nights there last year, but turned out I didn't even need them really as I ended up with 84 nights. I did win about $800 playing craps though! The Fairfield in Rapid City has some at $37 too but also a few at $36 in April, quite a few more low priced nights coming up than in Deadwood. I live in California, but was just visiting family in Rapid City, so did one night (knocked out first qual night for current promo) at the Fairfield on the 19th just before my flight back to Cali.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
This is a weird thread. Who would travel to South America for the sole purpose of saving $20 on a hotel room?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by myperks
One of our warehouses is in Zhengzhou, China where the properties can go as cheap as $30 a night. (Obviously not in NA, LA, SA, or Carib as the OP wants)

I'd couple this with an MR. I happen to like the Aloft brand.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl

One would assume OP has lucrative stacked promos or a challenge? I suggest you read through the threads on Mattress running, there are a few gotchas when doing multi-night runs.
challenge AND 2 stacked promos. Challenge back to Plat ever since I got Bonvoyed by the UA Plat to Marriot Plat deval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.