Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Schloss Lieser, Autograph Collection, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

New Autograph Collection about to open in June 2019.

Schloss Lieser, the fairy-tale castle along the Middle Moselle, the most noble Riesling region of the world. A hidden gem, revived and restored with quality and advanced building techniques without losing any elements of it rich imperial history. You will be amazed by the magnificent architecture, which is carefully restored in every detail. Experience the grandeur and noble history.
https://www.schlosslieser.de/en/

Original plans were to open already back in October 2018, but there were some (usual) delays, based on this article (in German):
https://www.volksfreund.de/region/mo...n_aid-35432153
SanDiego1K and LH738 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As someone that is familiar with the area and has family not too far away, my gut feeling is that this hotel will be doomed from the get go unless they have a very good restaurant or can turn themselves into a spa destination. The general area is busy in the summer but typically with older bus or camper tourists from neighboring European countries. Those tourists are not know for spending a ton of money. I assume they will make a go of it as a wedding venue and for smaller corporate events. Would love to see it succeed and try it while in the area next time. With 45 room of which 20 are to be suites, one would think that upgrades should be easily obtainable.

Last edited by christianj; Mar 19, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old May 13, 2019, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Now opening July '19. No category yet.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

"Schloss Lieser is a contemporary interpretation of a 19th century castle. A magnificent and imposing castle build in the late 1800s which is completely restored in its former glory and transformed into a distinctive hotel. It is located in the heart of the famous Moselle valley on the river bank. Spending time in Schloss Lieser as a guest gives the feel of grandeur of bygone times with all the luxuries of this day and age. Schloss Lieser is all about the Art of Living: escaping the rush of everyday life and getting back to experiencing life to its fullest like in the 19th century. Enjoy culinary highlights with locally inspired dishes while sipping from the region's famous Riesling wines in our restaurant or bar with large terrace. Relax and unwind completely in our luxury spa and boutique fitness area. Wander through the long hallways and gaze out of the windows overlooking the castle gardens and the Moselle river. "

If christianj stays there, perhaps he could do a trip report for us.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
As it turns out, I will be staying at this hotel in October. I'll try to take some pictures and report back on my experience.
christianj likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Yes, please!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arshi007
As it turns out, I will be staying at this hotel in October. I'll try to take some pictures and report back on my experience.
@arshi007 - how did it go? I'm thinking of booking this hotel for March or April...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:43 pm

Following up our stay in October, here's my summary report.

We stayed here for 3 nights in late October and first let me say the Mosell valley is just beautiful, especially at this time with all the different colors.
  • The location of this hotel is just "superb" as its right on the river along the road that goes along the river. The property grounds are well kept.
  • The parking is 12 euros per night but there is enough parking right next to the road (for overnight parking) and you will be walking the same amount from your car to the hotel regardless if you park in their underground parking or across the road so unless you have an expensive luxury car, you are just better off parking outside.
  • The staff is overall great and helpful.
  • Now regarding the room, I had booked a room with points which was the standard king room. The room we got was literally in the attic of the castle. It was very likely the servant's quarters :-P. I'll post some pics of the room. Overall the bed was comfortable but the room was quite small. Also the bigger issue was that some of those rooms were on the 4th floor in the new wing where the elevator only goes till the 3rd floor and then you have to take a flight of stairs to get to your room. So if you are expecting to get a nice river facing room, you are likely not going to get it on points.
SanDiego1K, exoz95 and altabello like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
@arshi007, did you ask for an upgrade? How was breakfast if you tried it?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by elva
@arshi007, did you ask for an upgrade? How was breakfast if you tried it?
i did ask but they said the hotel is booked and the room we got "was an upgrade" since it was facing the river instead of the vineyard. As a Bonvoy Gold, i didn't have free breakfast, it was 25 euros per person and for that amount, we had some really great food outside. However, we did visit the bar once and the service/food was pretty good so I would think the breakfast will be good.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:10 pm

2 night stay

Stayed here for two nights booking points as a Gold Elite. We received an upgrade to a suite during check in. The suite was huge and had balcony facing the Moselle river. Did a private wine tasting tour for 150euros for two. Took about half the day and was able to tour a vineyard and try over 20 bottles of wine. The breakfast, bar, and restaurant was reasonably priced and of high quality. The hotel was recently renovated and is beautifully done inside and out. This was probably the best point redemption with only being 12500 per night. I'll definitely be coming back as I only live about 2hrs away in Wiesbaden.
MSPeconomist and altabello like this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
woodcmfr Thanks for the update on your recent stay. Isn't the hotel a Cat. 3 so it would be 17,500 points for a standard award? Either way still seems like a very good use of points but I assume the category will go up once summer nears or they will just not offer many rooms for awards.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:59 pm

For a points stay, I have selected the "Room in Cottage House", as it on paper is larger than the standard Castle Guest room. Has anyone stayed in the Cottage House rooms and have an opinion on this vs. a Castle room?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
For a points stay, I have selected the "Room in Cottage House", as it on paper is larger than the standard Castle Guest room. Has anyone stayed in the Cottage House rooms and have an opinion on this vs. a Castle room?
We haven't stayed in the Cottage House room but we did stay in the Castle Guest room, which if you are booking with points, you will likely end up getting the top floor where they don't have elevator service. Those are tiny rooms (not bad but tiny) so I would certainly suggest you ask for the Cottage House room (you likely won't get the river view, but the room will be a bigger).
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by arshi007
We haven't stayed in the Cottage House room but we did stay in the Castle Guest room, which if you are booking with points, you will likely end up getting the top floor where they don't have elevator service. Those are tiny rooms (not bad but tiny) so I would certainly suggest you ask for the Cottage House room (you likely won't get the river view, but the room will be a bigger).
Yes, that seemed clear from other descriptions and pictures. I am guessing the "cottage" is not in the main building. The size of the cottage rooms are 400+ sq.ft., so I would pick that long before a "no view", less than 300 sq.ft. room. Always the possibility of an upgrade, but wouldn't plan on it.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:34 pm

I'm thinking about a 3-4 night stay in July, to use the free night certs we have. Is a car necessary here? From my prelim research it seems the closest Train Station is Wittlich, which is about a 10-15 min taxi/car ride away. But are there easy bus connections if we hop off at another train station along the Mosel, and to make a day trip to see Eltz Castle?

I assume the cycle path is near the hotel, but is there anywhere in town to rent bikes?

This will be our first time in the region, and we are mostly interested in taking some leisurely bike rides along the river, wine tasting, and enjoying a couple picturesque towns. I'm just debating on whether it's better to use up these free night certs (we actually have 4 between the 2 of us) and try to make do transportation-wise in Lieser, or to just stay in Cochem or another town along the Rhine with much better transport options. We can arrive at either FRA or LUX, if that helps or matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.