Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Elite benefit if I didn't book the room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM

Say my GF is a gold and booked a room, but me, as a platinum is also staying. Would we get all the perks? thinking specifically the Le Meridien bora bora since included bfast could add up quickly, but I guess it could apply to any hotel?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
Depends who pays. If you're getting the points, you'll get the benefits - assuming the room was booked directly instead of through Expedia or whatever.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Youd need to change the number on check in. But that would mean you would get the points etc, not your gf.

who's paying doesnt make a difference.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
What if it is a point stay and it is coming from her (gold) account.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by exmike
Uh, I'm afraid there's no way around it. If the reservation is booked using her member # and her points, there's no way you can transfer your member # into the reservation, as you would only be added as a guest in the booking, so the hotel is not obliged to offer you any platinum perks even though you both are staying in the room.

However, if you can book a separate night under your name before the night of her reservation, you can ask front desk to keep your room even though you have 2 separate reservations, they might offer to extend the plat benefits to you on the second night, but YMMV, there's no guarantee.

My take is especially for destination resorts, your chances are not very high.. Why not xfer her points to your account and reserve using your plat account?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by exmike
Just about every time I've allowed someone with a lower status book a room for me/us, when I politely introduce myself as a higher tier, I am offered all the appropriate on-site benefits for my status, often including a better upgrade. My trick is to be very polite and not the least bit demanding. Graciously accept whatever they offer, but if it's not at least the minimum for the booking tier GIVE THEM H***!!! hehehe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.