Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Earn up to 100,000 points on the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card

Earn up to 100,000 points on the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card

Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
These are Marriott Bonvoy Points we're talking about here? If so, what a horrible return on that kind of spend. Essentially 100k points after spending $100k!!??
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by genotonda
These are Marriott Bonvoy Points we're talking about here? If so, what a horrible return on that kind of spend. Essentially 100k points after spending $100k!!??
No. You normally get 2 points per dollar, plus whatever bonus for dining, Marriott charges, etc. The offer is for every $25k spent, you get an extra 25k on top of the regular points.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by rrgg
No. You normally get 2 points per dollar, plus whatever bonus for dining, Marriott charges, etc. The offer is for every $25k spent, you get an extra 25k on top of the regular points.
Right, but these are indeed Marriott Rewards points, yes? Unless this spend is pretty much all at Marriott properties, it's still an awful return on that amount of spend. Let's say someone spent $100k, and $25k was spent at Marriott, and the other $75k was split amongst regular spend at 2x points and dining/airfare at 3x points. You would end up with 337,500 + 100,000= 437,500 Marriott Points for spending $100k. In most cases, that's an awful return on spend.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:48 pm

Yes some would rather get $2000 cashback on $100k spent.

The points valuation has already been hashed out over the past year. Some people can get more value from points. Earning 3x MR points is similar to what the old SPG card earned.

If you really earned 437k you could get 8-10 nights at a category 5 property in Europe that goes for 350-400 euro.

Last edited by rrgg; Jul 17, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Has anyone gotten more than 100K in bonus points?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rrgg

The points valuation has already been hashed out over the past year. Some people can get more value from points. Earning 3x MR points is similar to what the old SPG card earned.
I used to carry the SPG Amex and would channel my spend its way. When they devalued it to provide 2 MR points, I switched to another card. Now they push these 25k for $25k of spend to get you back to what earnings used to be. I wonder how much spend decline Amex saw and they are trying to claw back from that. All they needed to do is leave the earnings at the same level and I’m sure many folk wouldn’t have moved. I guess some businesses need to learn on their own

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.