Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What's your criteria to request a SNA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX

View, size, extra sleeping space, etc.?

Mine is it MUST have an extra bath or half bath. I guess being partnered up has taught me the value of separate bathrooms

For our trip that starts Tuesday we've been upgraded in Prague (confirmed today for a 15th arrival), we'll see what happens when we get closer to Budapest on that request.

Reading through the general SNA thread this question seemed different, sorry if I've started a thread inappropriately.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Back when I had SNA, that was pretty much my main criterion as well. None of the rest really matters.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by hipquest

Mine is it MUST have an extra bath or half bath. I guess being partnered up has taught me the value of separate bathrooms

For our trip that starts Tuesday we've been upgraded in Prague (confirmed today for a 15th arrival), we'll see what happens when we get closer to Budapest on that request.

Reading through the general SNA thread this question seemed different, sorry if I've started a thread inappropriately.
Traveling with a young child, I like getting more space, or a room that has an additional wall/door so that there is space to put a child to sleep, while still being awake.
If traveling without a child, I like going for a room with a view.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve never cared about number of baths. For me it has to be an occasion where I especially want to enjoy a room, it has to be a venue where I find the suites attractive (and generally $600+) and where the SNA options are suites.
MSPeconomist and HollyGlen like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Most of my stays are solo travel. So extra bath/toilet is actually no use.

Usually if I plan to stay more at the hotel I will apply SNA.
But if I visit a city that I plan to explore, I cant be bothered ... unless the SNA near expired
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Large size/quality gap between base level room + suite options is a big one (StR Bal Harbour, base rooms are already 650 sq ft and insanely nice, so less of an issue there)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Traveling with others. Requested some in PVG later this month as am going to be with family.

Otherwise, no reason for just myself.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I'm no longer in the SNA club, but I started out using them for hotels where I thought they would improve my upgrade chances. When they rarely cleared I changed my approach and used them at hotels that are generous with upgrades so that hotels that are nice to me might get rewarded (on the theory that they are somehow compensated for granting SNAs).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Europe, Australia and Moana Surfrider in Waikiki.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I only use them on family vacations, to have more room, or if they're about to expire. Using them on solo business trips is a but of a waste.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unless they're about to expire, I won't waste SNAs on junior suites. I also tend not to use SNAs in places where I'm pretty confident that I'll get a suite anyway, although I then will sometimes throw expiring SNAs at the property as a reward where I'm a frequent guest.

In fact, I try to use them at hotels that have different suite categories and permit SNAs on more than one category so that you're effectively getting a suite that isn't in the free elite upgrade pool. It's annoying that one can only see SNA categories after making a reservation as otherwise this information might cause me to pick particular hotels due to their SNA policies more frequently. Transparency would show this information at a click when logged in and before making a (dummy?) reservation, just as transparency would provide a way for us to clearly see which categories are included in the free elite upgrade pool, but of course we can't expect this from Starriott.

I'm more likely to use SNAs on reservations where I'll be arriving at a normal time and using my late check out privileges or at least not leaving extremely early.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hipquest

I'm using mine next month in Prague and Budapest as well. Which hotels are you staying at? I'm booked at the Carlo IV in Prague and Budapest Marriott.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
I’m trying to remember. Do the SNA’s expire after 1 year?

I use mine on vacations. I don’t vacation that much in a year so I use them almost any vacation to get them used.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by flyou10
I’m trying to remember. Do the SNA’s expire after 1 year?
Yes.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Is Mrs Hipplewm is with me, if Miss hipplewm is with us and we need space etc....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.