Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What's your criteria to request a SNA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your criteria to request a SNA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by michelin
I'm using mine next month in Prague and Budapest as well. Which hotels are you staying at? I'm booked at the Carlo IV in Prague and Budapest Marriott.
We're staying at Prague Marriott where we have been upgraded to the Duplex Suite (that was one I went back and forth on but the room looks so cool ) and the Budapest Marriott. I'm going to try to do a trip report when we get back or maybe even while we're on the train between cities.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i only use sna when traveling with my family....the extra space comes in handy with 2 small kids....when traveling alone for work i don't really care whether i get upgraded or not....if i really need a suite then i book one....
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
How much time I'll be in the room is a big one. If this is just an airport hotel overnight stay or a one night in a city where I'll only use the room for sleeping I don't bother.

Another is what are the standard rooms at the hotel like. The city I'm most likely to use a SNA in is New York because of the tiny Manhattan hotel rooms.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My most recent use was because I needed to stay at a particular hotel which I knew from prior experience had noisy HVAC. Suite allowed me to run it in the non-occupied room and turn off in room I was in. Worked out as expected. Not aspirational or anything but mission accomplished.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I’ve been using my SNAs at icons (e.g., the Gritti and Danieli) or at other high-end hotels on trips that are particularly meaningful to me (e.g., the St Regis on a return to Florence after a very long hiatus), generally where it’s being there in that place, rather than being in a place to see a performance or an exhibition, that’s the primary purpose of the trip.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by rfrost
I’ve been using my SNAs at icons (e.g., the Gritti and Danieli) or at other high-end hotels on trips that are particularly meaningful to me (e.g., the St Regis on a return to Florence after a very long hiatus), generally where it’s being there in that place, rather than being in a place to see a performance or an exhibition, that’s the primary purpose of the trip.
I've used SNA's in all of those hotels. Indeed, those are some of the nicest in the system!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.