Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy-Era 'Welcome Amenity' Local Gifts [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

Back in SPG, one of the optio for welcome amenity is a local gift.

Platinum Amenity Local Gifts

Some hotels offer cute/nice/worthy/interesting local gift whole other pretty much offer whatever junks the reception find that morning
(I got a nice looking chopstick from The Prince Gallery last January)

I wonder if Bonvoy hotels have the similar offering?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the PG offered me the chopsticks in January of this year but I took the points.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kaizen7

Some hotels offer cute/nice/worthy/interesting local gift whole other pretty much offer whatever junks the reception find that morning

Yes.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the PG offered me the chopsticks in January of this year but I took the points.
They didn't have chopsticks when I went in Feb, and I actually wanted them. Instead it was some cloth thing.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Back in SPG, one of the optio for welcome amenity is a local gift
Good time to reboot this for the Bonvoy-era. Will be interesting to see how things compare.

Please bring your gifts to this new Master Thread.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Are you speaking of the 'local amenity' as a choice beyond breakfast and welcome points? Or a bonus object on top of that?

The one time I asked about the former, it turned out to be local beer and snacks delivered to my room.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is the PG? (sorry if its a stupid Q, but I assume you aren't referring to the standard expansion of that acronym, a point guard )
cawhite likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

The legacy SPG brands, like Westin, Sheraton, etc., still have to give you a "choice" of breakfast, arrival points or a local amenity at check-in, according to the terms and conditions of Bonvoy.

For example, at the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport it's the magazine-style book that the tourism office publishes once a year. Hardly worth taking. By contrast, The Alida, Tribute Portfolio in Savannah, Georgia, offers a $10 voucher.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
In Dec of last year at the Renaissance Hong Kong they handed me a branded hanging shaving kit. A black three section folding case with zipper around. I really was happy to get it as the one I was using was ready to be thrown. The plastic hanger hook has broken already though so not sure about the quality, but I still am using it. I guess it was just a small extra gift as they also offered a choice of other things. Initially I took the 1000 points because of having lounge access, but then thought about it and called and asked to switch to a chocolate tray which also included a bottle of wine and several pieces of fruit. A couple of the fruit items were not really edible, but chocolate and wine was good enough.

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 10, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Antarius
What is the PG? (sorry if its a stupid Q, but I assume you aren't referring to the standard expansion of that acronym, a point guard )
Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kalo93406
In Dec of last year at the Renaissance Hong Kong they handed me a branded hanging shaving kit. A black three section folding case with zipper around. I really was happy to get it as the one I was using was ready to be thrown. The plastic hanger hook has broken already though so not sure about the quality, but I still am using it. I guess it was just a small extra gift as they also offered a choice of other things. Initially I took the 1000 points because of having lounge access, but then thought about it and called and asked to switch to a chocolate tray which also included a bottle of wine and several pieces of fruit. A couple of the fruit items we not really edible, but chocolate and wine was good enough.
The Sheraton in Guam gave me a branded coffee mug, which was a nice souvenir to take home as opposed to the generic Guam coffee mugs sold in the gift shops.

Westin Hapuna Beach gave me one of those golf polo shirts with the branding of the Mauna Kea, Autograph Collection (their big sister hotel) on it.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
St Regis Bali
30 min foot massage for 2 in their Iridium Spa
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:46 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Bottle of Rioja at Westin Palace Madrid
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
St Regis Bali
30 min foot massage for 2 in their Iridium Spa
Both feet! How generous... ;-)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Scratch-off card

Not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere. I got a scratch-off card at check-in at a CY in Charlotte.

I "won" a Complimentary Starbucks Beverage. Any idea what the best award possible is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.