Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Lounge Access - Titanium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
To get free breakfast or exec lounge access at a Ritz Carlton, it must be included in the rate. Elite status does not get one either for free.
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Lounge Access - Titanium

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Of course, but it may or may not come with a bill.
It’s never shown up on my bill,
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I also remember a USA RC lounge where they had good (XO) cognac, but if you didn't ask for it, you would be given VSOP.
Oddly enough, the Rémy Martin XO is self-served in the otherwise dumpy Korean lounge at Tokyo-Narita. I've always thought about nicking the bottle.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
No Club Access at Ritz with Status

Other posters are correct that there is no automatic club access based on status. It never hurts to ask for complimentary access or to pay a fee to be added, but in my experience they rarely extend it on a complimentary basis. There is a benefit on the Ritz Carlton credit card that allows for club level access (3 certificates per year), but it can be difficult to book (have to call and ask and it takes awhile for the agents to get it done) and sometimes increases the price.

Of note, I have recently been booking other travel and two agents have tried to tell me that I get club level access but then when I ask them to double check because it is a Ritz Carlton, they admit that is not the case. Frustrating when they do not know their own policies.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Oddly enough, the Rémy Martin XO is self-served in the otherwise dumpy Korean lounge at Tokyo-Narita. I've always thought about nicking the bottle.
Can't help but tell my favorite hidden-gem lounge liquor story - the first time I went to the JL F lounge in Narita, they had Hibiki 21 for self-pour. Not Hibiki no-name, or 12, or 17, but 21, which these days is pretty much a thing of myth. This was probably 2014, basically right before Japanese whisky blew up globally.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
RC Nursultan, complimentary upgrade to lounge
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
RC Jeddah, complimentary upgrade to lounge
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spek
RC Nursultan, complimentary upgrade to lounge
Originally Posted by spek
RC Jeddah, complimentary upgrade to lounge
are you sure you don't have Cobalt status?
spek likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Does RC Jeddah serve alcohol in their club lounge?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
On my past KSA trips no lounges (not RC) had any alcohol, only near beer (hard pass)
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:17 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

You may receive some perks at overseas RC property. But most cases no. The RC credit card club access can be used if you book with cash.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Does RC Jeddah serve alcohol in their club lounge?
It’s Saudi Arabia - aside from the embassies and compounds with their home-brews and black market booze, the country is totally dry. Restaurants and lounges will only ever serve all sorts of sodas, juices and [shudder] mocktails. Same story in Kuwait.

khabah
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:29 am

NO it does not, keep in mind that alcohol is illegal there!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
are you sure you don't have Cobalt status?
not yet, we'll see in the future
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
That dry status might be the cause that the hotel to give lounge access to the elites.

provide some canapes and pepsi should be quite easy
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:28 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
There always will be outliers that offer more than the guaranteed benefits. Even the RC Laguna Niguel offered free Club access to an Ambassador peer a month ago, though that isn’t standard operating procedure even there. (My guess is that not as many people had paid for Club access for the Sun-Wed period, so the front desk decided the opportunity cost was worth the free access for an Ambassador elite in this instance.)

RC doesn’t offer a guaranteed breakfast benefit. Yet the RC Kyoto offers free breakfast in the restaurant to Titanium and Ambassador guests. Of course, the RC Kyoto has no Club, so they have no concern about pillaging Club revenue like most RCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.