Search

The bonvoyed.com website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:35 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
The bonvoyed.com website

Did you guys see that website haha it's killing me so funny.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
https://www.bonvoyed.com/
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:03 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Reminds me of the anti paypal websites back when paypal was very anti costumer
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
back when paypal was very anti costumer
That hasn't changed.
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Truthfully, I'm not seeing the hilarity in it.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:31 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That hasn't changed.
They used to block my account whenever I was abroad and they stopped doing that and I call that improvement .
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
I am Lifetime Titanium and I’m becoming a free agent for sure. We stayed in a superb (small, non-Marriott or SPG) hotel in Crete last May and it made me realize how effectively Marriott had brainwashed me.

The thing that “Bonvoyed” me was the destruction of travel packages.

I did get a laugh today when I received a promo for the latest Megabonus via US Mail, but no such bonus was available when I looked at my account.

I have a couple points redemptions booked for Hong Kong and Bali this year and for Park City next year. That leaves me with about 600K points. We’ll burn those before too long.

Lizie likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:47 pm

this post is so funny

This post really knocked me off, so funny!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Funny? Just more of the boring complaining which is seen on this website. A lot of which is misunderstanding of terms, some of which is a temporary glitch that will be resolved that is expected to be resolved immediately, more of which is a change in terms that people are not happy with. I'm relatively new to the program, but I don't seem to have any of these huge issues people are experiencing. Yes, some things could be better, there could be less IT problems, there could be better descriptions of terms. When I read forums about other hotel rewards programs I see the same things though, so people that say they are jumping ship I don't always believe, especially those with Lifetime status. I also like the name Bonvoy. I'm happy to be Bonvoyed so far. The game always changes with any rewards program, adjust and play the game well...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by paulsalem
Awesome, thanks for pointing this out!

Let's hear it for more "noise around the edges."
itsaboutthejourney and KRSW like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
@kalo

Do you work for Marriott?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by 1120
@kalo

Do you work for Marriott?
No.. First time staying more than a few nights last year. Ended up being 84 nights with credit card etc.. So far 23 paid nights this year. Have 25 nights scheduled with points (150,000 points at 1.6 c/pt), 9 paid, 15 credit card bonus. Should hit titanium again. I'm enjoying some upgrades, bonus points, complimentary breakfasts, lounges. So far can't complain much about the program. I have two scheduled stays that aren't showing up on my Marriott account. Is it a big deal? Sent a message about it, expect it will get resolved. I called to ask about 1000 bonus points that didn't get credited on one stay, but I was the mistaken one. I've had a few green points I didn't get, but called the hotel and it was resolved. Just not seeing the big issues that people are having. The program has changed, it happens ALL the time in every aspect of life. We deal with it and move on.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Funny? Just more of the boring complaining which is seen on this website. A lot of which is misunderstanding of terms, some of which is a temporary glitch that will be resolved that is expected to be resolved immediately, more of which is a change in terms that people are not happy with. I'm relatively new to the program, but I don't seem to have any of these huge issues people are experiencing. Yes, some things could be better, there could be less IT problems, there could be better descriptions of terms. When I read forums about other hotel rewards programs I see the same things though, so people that say they are jumping ship I don't always believe, especially those with Lifetime status. I also like the name Bonvoy. I'm happy to be Bonvoyed so far. The game always changes with any rewards program, adjust and play the game well...
I have to agree here. As much as I dislike Marriott (more and more every day), some of the posters are obviously clueless and diminish the impact of all the real issues we've been having and the credibility of the website. Also, the "I've been downgraded from Plat to Gold" posts should be deleted. I'll bet 95% of those are people who were fortunate enough to be upgraded to Plat for the past year without having actually earned it.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:23 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Maybe they will resolve it in a few weeks we know Marriott IT is fast.
Btw do you know you can't review hotels on the Marriott website unless they invite you to...

Last edited by howtofreetravel; Mar 9, 2019 at 1:29 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I do see this as another example of Marriott's Loyalty team not engaging with their customers and therefore losing control of their message (assuming they even have one while they focus on damage control). The parody twitter account is another example. Other than the clueless CEO talking about "noise" we have not heard much from Marriott leadership. This of course is in stark contrast to SPG.
cawhite, margarita girl and KRSW like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.